• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Make up of an Elven Adventuring Company

Gray Lensman

Explorer
A Large one, like 15 to 20 NPCs.

The Elven Realm has it's Army, Border Patrol, ect. But it needs a group that can go far and wide to serve the Realm's Interests.

Keep in mind the need to possibly split the Group into two or more parts to handle simultaneous missions if needed.

How would you do it?

EDIT: And where could I find some REALLY good mounts for them?

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Male Elven Paladins w/lances on their "pokemounts" for heavy cav, Female elf rangers & scouts w/mounted archery feats on unicorns or giant eagles.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Pardon my lack of imagination for a moment...

...even without it being all Elves (But it helps), the first thing I think is "All Druids".

I reject the idea of Druids being tied down to one place. Nature is Everywhere!

They automatically all have mounts, by all riding whatever Animal Companions you feel fit the feel (and the level). Wolf Pack -> Bison -> Tiger/Dire Wolf -> Dire Lion/Megaraptor -> etc...

Imagine the troop riding into combat slinging spells at range, than all Wildshaping at melee range as they leap off their mount, and the combined force of Druid and Companion engage in battle with whatever. They mix up healing when necessary.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Good news, if you have them be all wizards, they can cast spells and get their own mounts.

You REALLY like them there Wizards, don't you?

Male Elven Paladins w/lances on their "pokemounts" for heavy cav, Female elf rangers & scouts w/mounted archery feats on unicorns or giant eagles.

Possibly, or Griffons (yeah, I know, it's been done) or Pegusus, these ain't no stay at home NPCs, they are far ranging

I'd go with half wizards, half druids, and half cleric archers.

Possibly, if I fix your math first :lol: or maybe 50% Druid for melee, 25% and 25% on the Arcane and Cleric (courses being elves they can all shoot da bow)

That's three halves! ;)

Dang, you beat me to it :lol:

Pardon my lack of imagination for a moment...

...even without it being all Elves (But it helps), the first thing I think is "All Druids".

I reject the idea of Druids being tied down to one place. Nature is Everywhere!

They automatically all have mounts, by all riding whatever Animal Companions you feel fit the feel (and the level). Wolf Pack -> Bison -> Tiger/Dire Wolf -> Dire Lion/Megaraptor -> etc...

Imagine the troop riding into combat slinging spells at range, than all Wildshaping at melee range as they leap off their mount, and the combined force of Druid and Companion engage in battle with whatever. They mix up healing when necessary.

I don't know about ALL Druids, altho it would make for an interesting group. Not to mention the fact that when we run the campaign, I get to runs all (or most) of the NPCs. I would probably put at least a couple of Arcane Casters into the mix.

All good food for thought Folks, Thanks

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Perhaps MOSTLY Druids.

Include one Archivist. The Dark Knowledge abilities grants bonuses to allies, with no range included in the description (I'd assume "all ones' allies withing this one same fight", but not range in feet) and so something as basic as the +1,2 or 3 bonus on attacks that the Archivist can grant with it's first level ability would be incredible if applied to his 14 Druid allies, plus their 14 Animal Companions.

Maybe one token Wizard. I mean, they are useful. You really don't need more than one person to break reality.

So, One Wizard, One Archivist, and 13 Druids.

Dandu

First Post
Maybe one token Wizard. I mean, they are useful. You really don't need more than one person to break reality.

So, One Wizard, One Archivist, and 13 Druids.

That word you keep using... I do not think it means what you think it means.

Remove ads