Making trouble for a womaniser

questing gm

First Post
If something is done the first time, then it's creative ;)

Contrary to causing trouble for this guy, I see the opportunity for a plot hook. One of the woman that he womanized comes down with a curse, incurable magical disease (or plague), a missing relative (long lost sister that he could end up hooking up with) or any other quest that uses the 'unknown relative seeks your aid' plot hook.

Your character is Chaotic Good so I would give him the benefit of doubt to see what he would do if he met them the second time in less than better circumstances.

But for messing up the guy, my suggestion would be he gets (him or the party) banned from every inn/tavern that he slept with someone's daughter everytime he revisits the town.

On the other hand, if you want to actually curtail the amorous activities, you may try this approach that's worked for me when I've needed to behavior modify a player:
Discuss the situation with the player, and how the character's womanizing antics are disruptive to the game. Explain that you understand that it's "Just being in character!" Then 'together' come up with an adventure plotline that will 'mature' the character - in fact you have a few ideas already (courtesy of this thread)! Something monumental happens, agreeable to the player, that will permanently alter his character.

I realize that discussing plots with players is unusual, but when your goal is to alter a character's basic traits, you need buy-in ahead of time.

As I read p.1 of the thread, I was wondering why no one suggested the out of game option. I agree, if you're going to go this route. Essentially, the issue is robbing other PCs of spotlight time with an activity that really benefits few people. Especially when it's repetitive.

Alaric_Argent

First Post
It's pretty tough to set something up that only targets the PC in question, since the party should be a team after all.

I do really like the idea of making him pregnant though... :devil:

But then that has issues of it's own.

Perhaps a polymorph effect (courtesy a mage/exarch/deity) triggered by the act makes him become a her and pregnant? Of course, it depends just how far your players are willing to go (especially the guys).

If you can find it, the Book of Erotic Fantasy has a wealth of material--vampire or ghost (in a magical shirt that works like ghost phase weapon in reverse), diseases, a local culture that equates pregnancy with marriage and enforces its cultural norms (obviously a Lawful bunch), dopplegangers, deities, other outsiders (succubus/incubus).

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
I would love to have this colourful self-motivated PC in one of my games, so I'd use his shenanigans as a source of plots, rather than punish him with diseases and succubi, unless either of those clearly made sense - enemy wizard summons a succubus to seduce him, or he's bedding low-class whores in the docks district who've had lots of exposure to interesting diseases.

The vengeful husband is a good idea; but how about the vengeful _suitor_, a Sir Galahad type guy who idealises the girl, sees her as chaste and pure, loved her from afar and now is determined to exact terrible vengeance on the beast who deflowered his True Love? This is a good excuse to create a really tough NPC Paladin who can kick the PC's ass unless he's backed up by his buddies, and who has the support of the local LG church so offing him would be a really bad idea, except maybe in a formal duel - which is what the Paladin wants as that plays precisely to his strengths.

Remove ads