Making trouble for a womaniser

Aeolius

Adventurer
Or his latest conquest turns out to be some kind of weird parasite-planting monster which means he ends up "pregnant"..... I am an evil female DM however, and some people minght consider this messing with his character just a bit too much....:]

I once had a player want into my undersea PbP as a human male with grafted gills. He also made that fateful mistake of letting me decide where the gills came from. So I devised the fish hags, a pseudonatural creation of the kaorti.

Did I mention that fish hags are parthenogenetic? ;)

The male PC ended up giving birth to a lovely half-farspawn.

Orius

Legend
Pregnancy is good. Wrecked my swashbuckler's love life.... :(

Yeah, that's the first thing that came to my mind. As a DM, if I get players playing players (heh), I start making random pregancy checks. It works even better if she's got a brother who's a nice powerful paladin who's offended by this sort of behavior too. An angry father works pretty good too, to force a shotg- err, maybe this should be heavy crossbow wedding down his throat.

Or you can follow the Xander option -- make sure every woman who he ends up with is a doppelganger/demon/dragon/etc.

Oohh, that's also interesting. Never thought of that.

Diseases.

That's also pretty good, but the way I kind of do things in my campaign I roll for pregnancy for barmaids, and diseases for whores.

Or his latest conquest turns out to be some kind of weird parasite-planting monster which means he ends up "pregnant".....

I am an evil female DM however, and some people minght consider this messing with his character just a bit too much....:]

That's an interesting twist, though I admit that I've always thought the whole man-pregancy route is kind of dumb. Unless you're doing an undersea campaign and you've got a race of seahorse-folk.

Or he could meet a friendly dagger-toting lass named something like Lorena Hobbit, who turns out to not take being discarded well.

That's also great for the less serious campaigns. :p

Nothing cures promiscuosity like unintentional incest. If he is a womanizer, I would imagine that the chances of one or both of his parents are better than average. If he finds out that he's banged his half sister (or even long lost whole sister) he might take more time to consider his womanizing ways.

Now that is really twisted. I might have to rip this one off someday. :devil:

Brennin Magalus

First Post
I am running an game where one of the characters is a big time 'player". He is all about the women and getts "hooked" up as often as he can. He also has the charisma to charm most women, he has already bedded down with 2 bar maids, a youge an gullable druisess, a farmers daughter, and the constibles daughter. He's not a bad guy (chaotic good), he just like the ladies. He even treats them with respect. (save for the leaving them part)

The thing is that he antics have caused more trouble for his party members than himself. Therefore, I would like to make a little trouble for him that plays off his flaw. Can some of you out there help me come up with some ideas. I have aleady thought about throwing a succubus at him but I want something more creative.

Any idea will work, not matter how nuts it sounds.

Dude, venereal diseases. Did you really have to ask?

Cryptos

First Post
In one of my first campaigns I ever tried to run, when I was in high school and admittedly not a very good DM, I had a player who did this. Every female character, whether it was someone's mother or the queen mother, became a target for his advances and lewd remarks.

We were playing a fairly gritty campaign with hit locations and the potential for permanent wounds and scars. So the first thing I tried, when he got injured, was fudging the results a little so that he was visibly scarred in a way that would affect his appearance... I figured if he was less successful with women in general, maybe the PC would be humbled enough that he wouldn't keep trying to hit on the more important female NPCs as well, the ones he never had a shot with but it became impossible to have a serious conversation with because of his behavior.

That didn't work.

At one point he died, and I decided that instead of having a cleric in the area to raise him, they would have to go to a druid and have him reincarnated. I thought maybe the result would be bizarre enough that it would make the ongoing behavior unseemly, even for this player.

It didn't quite work out that way. He was reincarnated as a dwarf and decided his character would overcompensate by becoming more lewd, loud and flirtatious. I now had a one-eyed dwarf barbarian on my hands that was acting even worse.

Finally, they found a Deck of Many Things. I adapted it to the major arcana of a tarot deck and had him pick a card. He drew Justice! 'Perfect,' I thought! I described him being transported to an alternate plane and being confronted by the image of lady justice herself. He commented on her bosom and insinuated that he knew how to balance her scales. She turned him into a woman and deposited him back on the prime material plane. Then they went back to negotiate with the duchess or some other important NPC. He/she pinched the royal NPC's butt.

I now had a one-eyed lesbian dwarf barbarian that was constantly acting inappropriate around women on my hands. During my first attempt at DMing. I finally decided that regardless of what I did, the player and his character were going to be disruptive and wrapped up the campaign. We didn't game as a group again.

I would strongly suggest talking to the player about his character if it's disruptive or demeaning or distracting to the other players. Perhaps even suggest that perhaps a more unique character might be more interesting to him so that he doesn't have to attempt to entertain himself this way, and offer him something special as an alternative.

If that doesn't have an effect, then the player is determined to be disruptive and I don't think that anything you do is going to change that. You're just going to keep swallowing the proverbial spider to catch the fly, and you'll wind up with a one-eyed lesbian dwarf barbarian that pinches the queen's ass at a sensitive moment.

fba827

Adventurer
(some of these may have already been said, i admit i'm not reading all the posts in this thread)

1) One of the women come after him for vengence

2) A group of the women meet (at the bar or what not talking about a lost love only to realize they're describing the same person) they plot together to make his life miserable -- maybe 'hiring him' in disguise to do something etc (be it a dangerous task or simply a task that will end in him being humiliated)

3) one of the women isn't really a woman but a shapechanged other creature. that creature is still in love with him but much more powerful to exact revenge than would otherwise be assumed

4) one of the woman, not seeking revenge but just wanting to be with him, follows him (secretly at first) on an adventure. she gets in to serious danger during one of the fights when she is caught in the middle. -- this one plays mostly on the heart strings so the aspect of "she wouldn't be in this mess if you hadn't made her fall for you" has to be played up

5) a father/brother/husband of one of the woman comes after him for revenge of besmirching her honor

6) pregnancy

7) a father/brother/husband of one of the woman doesn't come after him for revenge but is instead in a position of power to either have others go after him or have him exiled from town, etc

8) a curse placed on him by the woman/father/husband/brother

9) a mark of justice placed on him by the woman/father/husband/brother

10) the woman/father/husband/brother takes something of his that he holds dear (such as a secondary weapon that might not be missed right away) - this makes it more of an emotional vengeance..

Edit: Other thoughts

11) People hire PCs all the time to find other people, maybe one of the women hires adventurers to find the PC (since she is SO sure that something must have happened to him since he could never just leave ...) doesn't need to end in combat confrontation, but it could be "people are following you" and end in a verbal confrontation/explanation since the adventurers will want to take him back to collect their reward

12) Don't use the womanizing as a punishment, find some way to make a plot hook for a side adventure.... like she tries to find him for some other task and subtly guilt trips him during the hiring process... nothing overt, just using the punishment as a side trek hook

Last edited:

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Slightly surprised this hasn't come up yet, but why not just disallow him from getting that close in the first place? Have a woman be very *insulted* at his crass attempts to hit on her. Maybe she's got political power and uses it against him. Maybe she's a decently leveled NPC who challenges him to a duel.

Nightson

First Post
Give him a nonevil succubus. She falls for him and decides to follow him around, and being a succubus she has no problem with him sleeping around. But she also has no sort of concept of modesty making her a recurring coitus interruptus as she just wanders in and freaks out the girl. And of course, she pulls him aside whenever she wants as well.

Afrodyte

Explorer
BTW, gossip works like a charm, especially if one of his lady friends isn't impressed by his performance or his . . . er, equipment.

Remove ads