Making your own power cards

DennisB

First Post
Actually, it will be done by tuesday, i forgot i had a thanksgiving dinner today so i have to make the pumpkin pie and 16 lbs of mashed potatoes. but i already started, see. and the whole deck will be done by then. i already have the cleric deck done and 1/2 the fighter deck done.

1-AegisofAssault.jpg

1-AegisofShielding.jpg

Moribund

First Post
That is the only directory with "Ander" in its name that contains icons. And among those icons are melee.png (melee weapon), burst_c.png (close burst), etc. So it seems like the right place to add an icon for the beast attack type.

Typing "B" does nothing anywhere. Though it could have been rather entertaining to have it work in the rules text box. 8o)

I am...

Unfortunately, you have to change more than just the symbol-font file. You need to make some changes to D&D.mse-game/game as well.

You see, in several places there is a text filter that makes it so non-matching characters are ignored. Look for any place that has "uUbernpPt" and change it to "uUbernpPtB" in your case.

You will also need to modify the range_list_filter, adding a line so that the "Beast" range will be correctly sorted and displayed in the set list.

Also if you are using Misalo1's beast.png, keep in mind that it is white, not black like the other images in Ander00's symbol-font. So you might need to invert it for it to show up.

Last edited:

Micronian

First Post
Martial Power

Hey Guys,

I've followed Ander's style of cards and have completed levels 1-6 of the new Martial Power book. I'll continue to work on this as time allows but hopefully this will get you started.

Class & Level Completed
Fighter (1 - 6)
Ranger (1 - 6)
Rogue (1 - 6)
Warlord (1 - 6)

As suggested, the files below are the exact same. One in .RAR and the other .ZIP ...which ever is your preference.

Attachments

• dnd_martialpowers1-6.rar
    17.6 KB · Views: 152
  • dnd_martialpowers1-6.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

themaze75

First Post
Pretty cool stuff, Ander!

MSE is cool, but it annoyed me when trying to select which cards to print.

I quickly whipped up this little java app. What it'll do is load up a master set built with your D&D power card template and allow you to build a "subset" from the selected cards.

The subset can be loaded through MSE and you can just print all the cards from there.

The interface has a few simple filter tools to help you quickly pick the powers you want.

With MSE, your template & data + this little app, I've created power cards for a whole party in a matter of minutes.

Hoperfully this'll help some other people until the guys at MSE build a proper UI.

Oh, to use it, simply install the latest java runtime and you should be able to run the app by double-clicking on the jar file (at least under Windows)

Attachments

• MSESubsetMaker.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 142

Llwynog

First Post
Unfortunately, you have to change more than just the symbol-font file. You need to make some changes to D&D.mse-game/game as well.

You see, in several places there is a text filter that makes it so non-matching characters are ignored. Look for any place that has "uUbernpPt" and change it to "uUbernpPtB" in your case.

You will also need to modify the range_list_filter, adding a line so that the "Beast" range will be correctly sorted and displayed in the set list.
Thanks. I finally figured it out and got the new beast icon to work.

But for whatever reason, the weapon beast icon (for "Melee weapon (beast 1) attacks") doesn't work even though I did the same thing for it. I'm assuming that I must have missed something somewhere that I'll track down eventually.

Also if you are using Misalo1's beast.png, keep in mind that it is white, not black like the other images in Ander00's symbol-font. So you might need to invert it for it to show up.
I'm using my own beast.png that I created from a lineart of a wolf. It only took a minute to make with gimp.

Moribund

First Post
Thanks. I finally figured it out and got the new beast icon to work.

But for whatever reason, the weapon beast icon (for "Melee weapon (beast 1) attacks") doesn't work even though I did the same thing for it. I'm assuming that I must have missed something somewhere that I'll track down eventually.

Hopefully so. You used "B" for beast attacks, what character are you using for Melee weapon (beast 1) attacks?

I'm using my own beast.png that I created from a lineart of a wolf. It only took a minute to make with gimp.
Cool.

DennisB

First Post
What do you think of this style, i like it better because it is sleeker and seems like i can put more information on it, i have the 3 basic colors as well as
Gold = magic Items
White = Rituals
Blue = Feats

1-SwordmageFeature-AegisofShielding.jpg

eloquentaction

First Post
What do you think of this style, i like it better because it is sleeker and seems like i can put more information on it, i have the 3 basic colors as well as
Gold = magic Items
White = Rituals
Blue = Feats

1-SwordmageFeature-AegisofShielding.jpg

That's a pretty good adaptation of the Magic The Gathering Set that comes with MSE.

I think I would modify the left side to use black instead of white. The white on the white/green is too low contrast for my taste.

Also - your boxes need to use the supplied mask that comes with the MSE set. The mask is white except for 4 black rounded corners. The mask will get rid of the artifacts you're seeing around the edge of your boxes (or maybe it's the other way around; I seem to recall that MSE does its masking opposite from most programs I've seen in the past).

BTW - You can expand upon your 6 colors by taking the background image into GIMP and reducing the background to black & white and then using the Colorify feature.

-- Hirahito

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
Well, there is a few things.

1) I did not use MSE with this, i can't figure out how to put it in the template section and i cant figure out how to redo the text fields so i did it with paint.net.

2) And i already changed it to black instead of white.

3) and i would love to change the background colors but i dont have GIMP.

But thanks for the criticism. It always help.

Modified:
I just got GIMP but need to work with it for a few days to get the hang of it.

Last edited:

Remove ads