Making your own power cards

Thindaraiel

First Post
UCS updated

UCS Beta 5.1 is the newest version for the UCS model, adding only a few functionalities and correcting some little problems to the Beta5.0.
- new card type: Power Feature (for powers who have no level and are class/race/talent dependent)
- default card is now "Power Feature"
- 'type' field is no more defined by the card type, but is only initialized with the card type. You can modify the value as you want
- new ritual category: Thievery (for alchemy rituals)
- new field: 'trap conditions' contains the description of the trap and the conditions of activation. This must be used to separate the "pure" rule field from the specific "trap info"
- 'action' field is enabled on Traps
- missing icons have been added (see other thread)
- symbol menu and shortcuts have been updated

The Thindaraiel template has been improved to fulfill these functionalities, plus some little updates:
- when selecting an alchemy category on a ritual card, the card design changes for "alchemy ritual": icon and color are not the same
- new illustration added (mainly for my own campaign, but it can be useful also for you !)
- automatic keywords are lowercase in the keywords zone. damage keywords and ritual skill keywords are now separated by comas instead of slashes. styling option "keywords field" proposes a new value "sorted (no edition)". When selected, you cannot modify the keywords field, but all the keywords (including manual ones) are now sorted alphabetically and are lowercase.
- I added in 5.0 the new item and ritual fields (cost, enhancement bonus, ritual manifestation, and so on) as hidden fields before the rules. You have to move the cursor before the rules to access these fields. This was not really easy to use, so I have added a new styling option "rules edit mode" to show all the hidden fields.
- new styling option "header icon small" for those who prefer the small icons like in Ander00 original template rather the bigger icons I propose.
- new design for some of the character/monster cards. Try them !

Ander00 template has been updated to be compliant with UCS Beta5.1. It is still a reduced version of Thindaraiel template, thus limited to its functionalities.

Hirahito template has been updated to correct a major bug:
- a new box is available in the header to select the power frequency (it's a shame I didn't see that before !)

Naienko (formerly DnD) template has been updated.

You can find the UCS Beta5.1 and all these templates, and the Beta4->Beta5 converter by Meigetsu, at the following adress: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e00e4cf5c7c06234ab1eab3e9fa335ca612adfdc3fd0631c

Do not hesitate to send a feedback !

UCS Beta5.2 will certainly contain a bunch of programming aids for template developpers, plus some little information fields I'm thinking of. I want to develop the Feat/Race/Class info cards. If you have any suggestion, please notify me !
UCS Beta5.2 will have to wait till late august, due to real life and vacations, unless there is a major bug to correct.

You can follow the original post on toosigma here: toosigma.com • View topic - UCS Beta 5.1 on line

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Don't suppose anyone who's followed this thread since the start or at least is up to date with it all, could post a summary of the latest info?

I once had the MSE with a nice template but now I can't find the template at all so can't make any cards. Trawling through this entire thread just isn't worth it when I don't even know what to look for :(

Thindaraiel

First Post
summary:
- is granpa continuing with his template ? I don't know
- many MSE templates have disappeared
- MSE UCS model is still alive. But the discussions have moved on toosigma.com forums. There you can find the latest info. Some of the old MSE stand-alone templates have moved to the UCS norm : Ander00, DnD for instance.

Alphastream

Adventurer
Most of the old templates work just fine. In general, it isn't a big deal to take an old project and make a few cards for it.

I still vastly prefer the various cool templates on this thread to the DDI CB power cards and I take the time to type up my powers (and PC-specific bonuses) in the MSE templates.

C_M2008

First Post
Anyone know of any smaller cards out there?

The magic card sized ones are cluttering my table at this point. Ideally I'd like some about the size of half of a MTG split card. If there was a template for full text split cards for Magic set editor that would help too (and then I could just keep them together and sleeve them).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

SweetRein

First Post
This is a little throwing, joining an unrelated forums and seeing the site you own (pifro) linked in a random sticky.
That aside,
Anyone know of any smaller cards out there?

The magic card sized ones are cluttering my table at this point. Ideally I'd like some about the size of half of a MTG split card. If there was a template for full text split cards for Magic set editor that would help too (and then I could just keep them together and sleeve them).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Half the size of a split card... half? So, 1/4th the size of a magic card if I understand you correctly?
It is easy enough to do this by creating a custom template with Magic Set Editor. Just copy the template folder that you are using for the cards over, open the data (or -styles, I forget what format MSE uses now) in a text editor, and reduce all the layout related pixel values by 1/4 (or 1/2 if that's what you meant).
If the backgrounds no longer scale, then you might need a quick photoshop to just reduce the image sizes as well, though, that shouldn't be an issue.

You could also get a pdf printer application (as comes with Acrobat, or there are many others online for free). When you 'print' the set, print it to a pdf.
Open Acrobat/Reader, and go to print, then Acrobat has options to print up to 4 pages on a sheet. Or whichever size you need to.

C_M2008

First Post
This is a little throwing, joining an unrelated forums and seeing the site you own (pifro) linked in a random sticky.
That aside,

Half the size of a split card... half? So, 1/4th the size of a magic card if I understand you correctly?

I phrased that poorly, I meant the size of one piece of the split card, 1/2 the size of a magic card. I'm fiddling but I can't seem to make a textless version of the split card(which is basically what I want) so I'm just asking if anyoe knows of anything similiar size wise.

Thanks for the technical info though, I'm atrocious at this sort of thing, but I'll give it a shot.

Alphastream

Adventurer
Setting the pages to print per page is the way to go, though you will need to test it to get the right size. First, print to the pdf. Once you made the pdf, in Acrobat choose print and in that box, choose "Multiple Pages Per Sheet" under Print Scaling. Then toy with the Pages per sheet options. Setting it to 2 should result in half the size, more or less.

Remove ads