Making your own power cards

Thindaraiel

First Post
Originally I just took a set that was already done and copied and pasted into a new file. However, as the sets get more symbols and updates, I am finding that they don't copy anymore.

This occurs because the set you copy from and the one you copy into are not based on the same game file. For instance, a Tintagel template and an Ander template share only some informations, but are not fully compatible because they have each their own game file, with their own fields.

That is one of the reason we worked on the UCS model. This is an unique game file, with several templates based on it. The compatibility between the templates is ensured by the common game file. Copying from one set to another, both based on the UCS, even with different templates, is possible.

Last edited:

Duniagdra

First Post
I'm really not sure what's wrong here, but for the very longest time I've been having trouble getting anything to work. I've loaded MSE 2v3.8. I downloaded Media:UCS-Complete-Beta3.mse-set and loaded it into the data folder. I downloaded Hirahito-Modified and loaded that into the data folder. I downloaded Universal Card Set and loaded that into the data folder. I opened MSE and went to the styles and there is only the default set and that will not export anything but the default opening image, no matter how many cards I select. Before any changes I was able to open MSE and use Ander's set. Now I get nothing. Can someone please help? I'm looking for power card that are current and complete and was hoping the development of the UCS would give me this. I'm running Windows Vista.

Last edited:

xerent

First Post
I've been trying to make my own template for power cards while I was at work, I figured I would post them here and see if people were at all interested

They're magic card sized, so they'll be able to fit into sleeves.
my.php

Last edited:

Duniagdra

First Post
I'm really not sure what's wrong here, but for the very longest time I've been having trouble getting anything to work. I've loaded MSE 2v3.8. I downloaded Media:UCS-Complete-Beta3.mse-set and loaded it into the data folder. I downloaded Hirahito-Modified and loaded that into the data folder. I downloaded Universal Card Set and loaded that into the data folder. I opened MSE and went to the styles and there is only the default set and that will not export anything but the default opening image, no matter how many cards I select. Before any changes I was able to open MSE and use Ander's set. Now I get nothing. Can someone please help? I'm looking for power card that are current and complete and was hoping the development of the UCS would give me this. I'm running Windows Vista.
Anyone with any suggestions here?

Go into Program Files -> Magic Set Editor 2 -> Data -> then look for another Data folder. That's likely where those files wound up. I had a similar problem and went through figuring out where the files had dumped themselves after unzipping then had to cut all the files in the second Data folder and move them back out to the first data folder. Does this make sense?

What you probably have is this Program Files>Magic Set Editor 2>Data>Data with the files and folders you need in this second folder. Just cut-n-paste everything from there back out to the first folder so the path is this:

Program Files>Magic Set Editor 2>Data with all of your needed folders and files here. Then delete that spare data folder.

Hope that helps.

Remove ads