Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
Thanks.

I can copy and paste the icons used within the set, and when I use the M:TG template to create item cards, it has a space marked "Double click to add photo."

That's as far as I've gotten, myself.

There's a couple of different ways you could add those into the UCS.

First, convert them to PNG's and them into the data\4E-UCS-cameos.mse-include directory by changing the User1 through User10 PNGs that are in there. You could then just go to one of the cards, click on the edge (a huge drop down will appear) and select User1 through User10 and the background image of the card will become your icon.

For best effects, you should make the white area transparent and you should resize the image to be 375x420.

Another way to do it, is to drop the image (once again as a PNG) into the data\4E-UCS-symbol-white.mse-include directory. Once again, the white area of the images will need to be transparent and you'll want to resize the images down to 73x73 for best effect. You'll want to make the 'visible' part white to match the other icons that are there. (just invert the colors if you're in GIMP).

Once you've done that, decide whether you want the new icon in the attack menu or in the action menu. Look in the data\4E-UCS-{Card Style}.mse-style directory and edit the file called 'style.'

Depending on who the author of the style you're using is, and their method of displaying icons, this will change. Based on my template, follow the following directions:

* Locate a field called 'action' or 'attack'. You'll see a long list of 'choice images'. Just go to the bottom of this list and add a new name - let's call it Test1. Based on that, you should type something like the following:

Test1: script: drop_shadow(input: "/4E-UCS-symbol-white.mse-include/{mynewimagename}.png", offset_x:0, offset_y:0, blur_radius: 0.1, alpha: 1, color: get_shadow_color())

* Next, go into the action-menu or attack-menu file under the data\4E-UCS-scripts.mse-include directory and just add a new entry onto the list there called 'choice: Test1.' *IMPORTANT - make sure the choice is exactly what you typed in the style file.

That's all there is to it!

-- Hirahito

mps42

First Post
Templates

if anyone is interested, these are the templates I've been using. Very much influenced by the Grandpa style. feel free to grab at-will (no pun intended).

Also, somewhere during all this power card business someone posted a fold-up box to keep them in but i'll be darned if I can find it now...

Attachments

• AtWill.png
    AtWill.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 598
  • Daily.png
    Daily.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Encounter.png
    Encounter.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Feature.png
    Feature.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 333
  • Item.png
    Item.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

Thiorn

First Post
soo .. i honestly don't have the time right now to dig through 98 pages of replies to see if this has already been asked so here goes:

i was experimenting with the "export to image" function of MSE2 to get image files to the power cards wit the following name format:

<level of power> - <card type> - <name>.jpg

where <card type> refers to at-will, encounter or daily powers

but i don't seem to be able to find the right expression for the <type> part ... if i put{card.type} in the dialogue, it gives me the the power type (attack, utility etc.)

anyone care to help out ? :)

shieldknight01

First Post
Copy and Paste

I like having the power cards separated into different sets based on class, feats, racial, etc...
Originally I just took a set that was already done and copied and pasted into a new file. However, as the sets get more symbols and updates, I am finding that they don't copy anymore. For example, I can't copy the new Fighter powers from a Martial Power set into the Fighter set I developed using an original Players Handbook set. Is there any way around this? Is it possible to cut and past info so that I don't have to retype the powercards into the set I like?

Thanks,

hardwire

First Post
Most Updated Power Cards

Will someone with the most updated Power Cards please email me their set? I have been using Ander00's set, but it seems I have been out of touch for awhile and now I am behind.

I only have Ander00's latest set from his original post, but that doesn't include PH2. I'm on the road most of the time and I like what everyone is doing. I just need caught up.

Please send email to hardwire@usa.com

Thanks,
Hard Wire

Remove ads