Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Land Outcast

Explorer
Hum... 'tis dark... lessee... apples?! what in the nine... oh... right...

He stretches a bit, upwards... and the lid of the barrel comes off!

along a tiny piercing ray of light come some cards from over the barrel... which are promptly stuffed into a inner pocket.

Just a bit more... and oops! he returns to his crouching position, just to see through a small crack previously ocluded by an apple.

The sight of the pirate really ugly scarred lad -and his yelling- make Nicolai freeze for a second, thinking he had gotten back on board The Snake... sweating cold, his fingers started playing with small sparks...
Ahh... 'tis not a serpent tatoo, tis a scar -relief-

And now he keeps witnessing the situation, the most curious, specially the talkative folk and his friend... who, trusting ugly's words would soon be shark bait...

With that temper, should I be found... er... lessee

Malvoisin

First Post
Vark listens carefully to Kalen's words as his hand drifts ever so slightly closer to the hilt of his rapier. With a sneer, he answers, "Yeh be wanting to gather my whole crew together here on the deck, eh? Well, that's just fine and good, innit? But still, I do wonder why I never heard of yeh before, sir Magister. Surely, if indeed old Islaran sent yeh, yeh've brough some proof...some sorta documentation that proves your claims be true, yes?"

Just at that moment, before Col or Kalen can respond, a ruckus erupts on the other side of the ship!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Damash and Chongo crouch down behind the lifeboat, listening carefully to the exchange taking place on the other side, while hoping to remain unseen. Both freeze suddenly as they hear nearby voices descending from the forecastle deck.
(Damash Hide Check: 6+1-3(Armor)=4)
(Chongo Hide Check: 10+1-1(Armor)=10)
(Thugs Spot Check: 14-1=13...Trouble!)

"I tell you Jorel, this better go accordin' to plan, I need the coin...Hey! What're you doin' there!" Two thugs have spotted Damash and Chongo, and they immediately raise a cry! "Boarders! All hands repel boarders!" They draw rapiers and move threateningly toward the pair.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As the cry goes forth, Vark draws his own rapier. "Aha, tryin' to pull the wool over me eyes are yeh? This ain't no coincidence, I'll stake my life. Here, boys, let's show these smooth talkers how we treat unwelcome guests, eh?" Weapons are drawn all around, and Vark gives the signal to attack!
---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in a mostly empty apple barrel, a groggy Nicolai awakens. He had stowed away inside when he saw some old 'friends' from his days aboard the The Serpent, but hadn't counted on being loaded amongst the provisions on a harbor vessel. Wanting to remain undiscovered, he kept quiet, and eventually dozed off. Now, however, the sound of shouting voices rouses him. He knocks off the barrel's top, and stands up, stretching the kinks from his back and knees. He finds himself in a ship's galley, and quickly ascends to the main deck to ascertain what's going on. He stops when he sees armed men starting to fight, and he tries to determine who is who, and what is going on.
--------------------------------------------------------

COMBAT!

Code:
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | |[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]| | | |
| | |[b]x[/b]|[b]/[/b]| |[b]*[/b]|[b]*[/b]| | | | |[b][COLOR=DarkOrchid]C[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Silver]D[/COLOR][/b]|[b]*[/b]|[b]*[/b]| | |[b]/[/b]|[b]x[/b]| | | |
| | |[b]x[/b]| | | | | | | | | | |[b][COLOR=DarkRed]5[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=DarkRed]6[/COLOR][/b]| | | |[b]D[/b]| | | |
| | |[b]D[/b]| |[b][COLOR=darkRed]4[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=darkRed]1[/COLOR][/b]| | |[b]\[/b]|[b]![/b]| |[b]#[/b]|[b]#[/b]| | | |[b][COLOR=RoyalBlue]N[/COLOR][/b]|[b]\[/b]|[b]x[/b]| | | |
| | |[b]x[/b]| |[b][COLOR=darkRed]V[/COLOR][/b]| |[b][COLOR=darkRed]2[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=darkRed]3[/COLOR][/b]| | | |[b]#[/b]|[b]#[/b]| | | | | |[b]x[/b]| | | |
| | |[b]x[/b]|[b]/[/b]| | |[b][COLOR=Olive]C[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Teal]K[/COLOR][/b]| | | | | | | | | |[b]/[/b]|[b]x[/b]| | | |
| | |[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]|[b]x[/b]| | | |
| | | | | |[b][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]K[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Red]A[/COLOR][/b]| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Key: /=stairs or ladder up; \=stairs or ladder down; *=life boat;
!=mast; #=grate

ROUND 1 INITIATIVE

1. Keoni
2. Kalen
3. Col
4. Anar
5. Damash
6. Nicolai
7. Chongo
?? Thugs 1-4
?? Thugs 5,6
?? Soller Vark

Actions for Round 1? (Note: The rope ladder still hangs from the side of the Nixie, so Anar and Keoni can easily climb up and join the battle.)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Anar

"Bloody hell," curses Anar under his breath as he hears the commotion from above. He quickly climbs the rope ladder and leaps over the gunwale, drawing his rapier.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Col grimaces, and curses the bloody vigilance of drunken sailors. Continuing his grip on his longspear, the hoary scholar ducks through Kalen and tries to place his back against the main mast for cover. With a cry of 'The fiend is loose!" the old man prepares to skewer any who approach him while he bites of a quick prayer of protection to The Summoner.

OOC: Move to the mast through Kalen's square (assuming the thugs still are flat footed and thus denied AoO) 15' to the mast (unless he can move to the mast square [20']) to get even more cover) and cast shield of faith. With longspear in hand, Col threatens AoO at 10'.

If the thugs seem to be not flat footed, Col will cast shield of faith on the defensive and then move towards the mast and hope to survive!

hafrogman

Adventurer
"So much for talk!"

Keoni has been waiting with held breath, listening to the conversation above. At the outburst from Vark, it is obvious that trouble has arrived.

[sblock=ooc]
Changing Aura to Power.
All allies within 30' gain +1 to melee damage.

From your map, it looks like the two sentries stepped out of view of the rowboat. If that's the case, it seems reasonable that Keoni would have retrieved his spears from where he stowed them earlier as soon as nobody was watching.

If so, Keoni will attempt to scale the ladder
Climb +5
And draw a spear at the top (depending on how much of his turn was spent climbing).

If not then Keoni will spend his turn gathering up his spears from the bottom of the boat.[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"Of course I've got documentation from the Lord, a writ with his seal and signature. Anar if you would be so goo . . " As things go to Baator in a flash Kalen's reflexes more than match the speed things deteriorate as one hand draws forth thee-colored sand and POOF! a cone of bright colors bursts out of the elf's spreading outflung hands.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voadam said:
POOF! a cone of bright colors bursts out of the elf's spreading outflung hands.
OOC: Looks like if you target the square with 2 in it, you can hit 1,2,4, and V (but not 3); otherwise, you can get 2,4, and 3.

Tonks

First Post
Damash saw the guard's eyes grow wide as they spotted Chongo and himself and as they shouted the cry to repel boarders, an Aventi curse escaped from his lips. Jumping to his feet, Damash pulled the spear free from its brace on his back and stepped closer to the boat beside him. He could see the two guards would have to plan their movements for both to reach them with the narrow space on the port side.

'May Chongo see the same...'

Stabbing out with the spear, Damash knew that he must not think of striking with mercy, as these men would offer no quarter to them.

[sblock=ooc]Standard strike and hope that I get lucky. +2 BAB and d6+2 dmg if hit.[/sblock]

Land Outcast

Explorer
Somehow blinded by the sudden daylight, supporting himself on a spear, the figure in the old dirty red captain's coat gains the deck.

just on time, or so it seems... and more are boarding!... unwelcome guests? I'll surely fare better witht he takers than witht he owners... and maybe even get a slice... lesee...

Immediately (even before completly opening his eye, or uncovering the other) after his ascent, he starts playing with blueish sparks in his left hand, making them dance and collide for a pair of seconds, until they have formed into a very tangible ball o' lighting which is hurled with a loud cracking sound at one of the sailors.

After the flash, the man retreats up the stairs, the spear no longer supporting him but rather supporting the sailor's stay on deck.

Voadam

Legend
ooc heh, I completely missed the numbers on the black bacground but yes, targeting 2 to catch Vark and as many of them as I can then five foot stepping to the right. Hoping I have initiative and the adjacent crew are flat footed so I don't get skewered by AoOs.

Remove ads