Malvoisin's Slumbering Tsar Saga Discussion [PFRPG]

kinem

Adventurer
I'm all but done except that there are a few more spells I might pick up, and I'd need to swap something for money.

Mal, the spells reckless infatuation and unadulterated loathing seem rather under-described. How do you interpret them?

For example, does reckless infatuation have any other charm-type implications besides the subject staying close by? Will he refuse to attack the object of his infatuation, or will he just do so from close range? If one creature has unadulterated loathing for another, will he tend to express that verbally (thus potentially starting a fight between two monsters) or will he just keep his distance?

Unfortunately, these under-described spells just seem like shoddy work on Paizo's part. It's the sort of stuff I've come to expect from WotC, but unfortunately as Paizo's Pathfinder line has expanded it has also accumulated junk down to that level.

I'm considering getting unadulterated loathing into my spellbook as it seems powerful.

What are the chances for finding or buying non-core spells like that during play?

Also, how do you rule that the create pit line of spells (which create interdimensional spaces) interact with spells that create or summon effects? For example, can I place a wall of fire at the bottom of an acid pit which creatures have fallen into?

Shayuri

First Post
Okay...as I think about my 'requirements' for my character, I'm starting to think a Monk is better than a rogue. It's weird, and I'm not entirely sure my reasoning is sound.

Basically, I'd be getting Bluff as a class skill via a Trait. The monk ability to fight without weapons or armor would be -invaluable- to a disguised bodyguard.

Still weighing options.

kinem

Adventurer
Okay...as I think about my 'requirements' for my character, I'm starting to think a Monk is better than a rogue. It's weird, and I'm not entirely sure my reasoning is sound.

Basically, I'd be getting Bluff as a class skill via a Trait. The monk ability to fight without weapons or armor would be -invaluable- to a disguised bodyguard.

Still weighing options.

Mind on Kingmaker, perchance?

Malvoisin

First Post
kinem, my thoughts on your questions...

For Reckless Infatuation, I'd say the subject would probably not attack the object of his infatuation. However, note that the spell states said object must be known to the spell's recipient. So, I don't think it could be used to prevent a monster from attacking a PC, for example...unless they'd spent some time becoming familiar with one another first, which is unlikely.

For Unadulterated Loathing, I think the idea is that the object of the loathing creates physical illness and disgust in the spell's target, necessitating the creation of distance... not necessarily hatred or anything that would cause a fight (perhaps the spell's title is a bit misleading).

I think you could summon or create other effects inside a magically created pit, yes.

I'm open to requests for specific spells as part of an enemy's spellbook or scroll collection, just as I'm open to requests for specific magic items. We'll figure out a way for you to get treasure that's relevant and interesting sometimes.

Shayuri

First Post
...annnnnnnnnd I posted that to the wrong thread.

Oy. It's been one of those days. Between some stupid ethernet tricks and a whole lotta work, I'd like to just forget Monday happened right now. :)

Remove ads