Malvoisin's Slumbering Tsar Saga Discussion [PFRPG]

Shayuri

First Post
Hah! That helps me narrow my palette of options down a bit then.

So now I'm looking at one of:

Summoner...cuz they're neat and I've never gotten to play one long.

Sorceror, cuz they are good for laying down the arcane smackdown.

Druid, cuz they are one of the most resiliant, versatile classes I know.

Or, no one's proposed a trapfinding character, so I might try a rogue/gunslinger, or even a rogue/monk? Ninja type? Not sure. I like playing weaselly quick dodgey warrior types, but it seems like it rarely works mechanically. Haven't really tried it in Pathfinder yet.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Yea I added 7 total but was writing it up as a level 1 instead of trying to do all 7 levels at once...so there should be tons of mistakes right now.

Let's get the recruiting started so I can die an untold amount of times but have great fun doing so!

Also the Oracle of Battle I'm creating, to start off at least, is going to trip ALOT! Thats his niche. I'm taking combat reflexes so when they stand back up I can put'em back on the ground or attack them. He'll also use the dirty trick blind alot. So thats the basics of the build and was thinking tongues as my curse as well and was going to see if everyone would put a rank in Lingustics so we could talk in combat.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Yea I added 7 total but was writing it up as a level 1 instead of trying to do all 7 levels at once...so there should be tons of mistakes right now.

Let's get the recruiting started so I can die an untold amount of times but have great fun doing so!

Also the Oracle of Battle I'm creating, to start off at least, is going to trip ALOT! Thats his niche. I'm taking combat reflexes so when they stand back up I can put'em back on the ground or attack them. He'll also use the dirty trick blind alot. So thats the basics of the build and was thinking tongues as my curse as well and was going to see if everyone would put a rank in Lingustics so we could talk in combat.

Crap. I didn't realize you were making an Oracle. No sense having two of them. I'll start looking at other stuff (not like there isn't a ton of options).

Malvoisin

First Post
All right, you guys are displaying way too much enthusiasm for me to back out now. It's game on.

rangerjohn, I'm not sure whether you still want to jump in on this, since you've indicated your internet access may or may not still be available for the near term future. Please let us know what you want to do.

By my count, there are six others interested, and that's enough to get the ball rolling. I can tell you right now we'll use 25 point buy and standard wealth for 7th level. I'm keeping things wide open for sources, so go nuts. I don't want evil characters or crazy races, though. Let's hear more of your ideas, I'll let you know if anything pushes the envelope too far.

Malvoisin

First Post
I'll get a bit more campaign info posted later today, but the game is not set in Golarion. (Thought I saw a reference to Cayden Calian somewhere, so I wanted to nip that in the bud).

Insight

Adventurer
All right, you guys are displaying way too much enthusiasm for me to back out now. It's game on.

rangerjohn, I'm not sure whether you still want to jump in on this, since you've indicated your internet access may or may not still be available for the near term future. Please let us know what you want to do.

By my count, there are six others interested, and that's enough to get the ball rolling. I can tell you right now we'll use 25 point buy and standard wealth for 7th level. I'm keeping things wide open for sources, so go nuts. I don't want evil characters or crazy races, though. Let's hear more of your ideas, I'll let you know if anything pushes the envelope too far.

That will help a lot. I should be able to crank out a few ideas shortly.

Disposable Hero

First Post
That was me with Cayden Calian. No biggie about it since my character was an oracle and gets nothing for deity etc. But where and what gods will the game use?

@Insight - If you want to build an oracle go for it. I can and proably will go with an archery styled ranger or an archery styled bard/arcane archer. Also depending on what type of oracle you create it wouldn't matter if there was two of us. Also inquisitor has come to mind quite a bit over the last 24 hours as well.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I'll get a bit more campaign info posted later today, but the game is not set in Golarion. (Thought I saw a reference to Cayden Calian somewhere, so I wanted to nip that in the bud).

Are we going to be using the "Pathfinder" deities, or something else?

Insight

Adventurer
If you want to build an oracle go for it. I can and proably will go with an archery styled ranger or an archery styled bard/arcane archer. Also depending on what type of oracle you create it wouldn't matter if there was two of us. Also inquisitor has come to mind quite a bit over the last 24 hours as well.

Haha I was just looking at Inquisitor!

EDIT: I have an Inquisitor idea pretty much nailed down now. He's a melee combatant who's good at intimidating opponents and giving allies saving throw and shield bonuses. He has some healing ability, but should not be considered a primary healer. His knowledge checks are also pretty solid.

I'm probably going to check out a few more ideas before deciding on one.

Last edited:

Remove ads