• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky - OOC Thread

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Looking right in the direction... check

Knight with a code of honor... check

LG... check

Someone's got some 'splaining to do! :]

Rhun

First Post
Verbatim said:
Markus won't..he is too busy looking at the rogues to notice what is happening at the door, or will be up until the moment Xander whizzes past him and blocks his readied attack..:)

Sorry, but I figured it would be easier to block them coming down the stairs. :D

Rhun

First Post
Xander cares not about the slaying of any foe...better to slay them than take the chance they will catch up with you at a future date.

Hey, All. I've been following along here and in you guys' IC here and there. I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious that Malvoisin is a good DM. That said, how are you guys all liking this series thus far? Are things working to your liking? Mal, how are you liking DMing this puppy? Pros/cons? I'm asking because my tabletop group resumes play in July or August when our fourth returns from duty in Iraq and I'm considering subscribing to this campaign series so I can DM it for them. Specifically, how do you all like it when compared to Savage Tide, Shackled City, or Age of Worms?

I have PM access here, or e-mail also works (the address should be in my EN World profile). I don't want to rock the boat in your OOC or anything, I just want to hear how the path has been thus far. Thanks for any insight any of you are willing to shed. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Hey, All. I've been following along here and in you guys' IC here and there. I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious that Malvoisin is a good DM. That said, how are you guys all liking this series thus far? Are things working to your liking? Mal, how are you liking DMing this puppy? Pros/cons? I'm asking because my tabletop group resumes play in July or August when our fourth returns from duty in Iraq and I'm considering subscribing to this campaign series so I can DM it for them. Specifically, how do you all like it when compared to Savage Tide, Shackled City, or Age of Worms?

I have PM access here, or e-mail also works (the address should be in my EN World profile). I don't want to rock the boat in your OOC or anything, I just want to hear how the path has been thus far. Thanks for any insight any of you are willing to shed. :)
So far we haven't had nearly enough exposure to really know yet, I think. I'm giving Shackled City the nod for the moment, but that may just be an artifact of playing SCAP Face-to-Face and having tons of fun with my crazy Archivist.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Savage Tide > Age of Worms >> Shackled City in my mind. I run AoW at home, and its got some great horror bits which I really like (its my thing). But Savage Tide has pirates and *my* crazed archivist, so that's why.

Shackled City is good, but I think Paizo honed things with AoW and onward.

I agree w/ RA that we haven't gotten very much in WotBS to really judge it yet. I like it.

Erekose13

Explorer
I'll echo stonegod in order. I'm running Savage Tide now and think its great. Age of Worms looked really good too, but I haven't had a chance to read it all. I read the first one from Shackled City and it was really cool, but I hear the plot doesnt stick together as well as the future APs. WotBS definitely show potential and this first encounter has some pretty interesting twists to it already which is great. That said its still just the first encounter. One thing that looks really positive about this AP is that the final ending is different depending on what side the PCs end up on from what I hear. I've stopped reading about it though once I got in on Mal's game.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Savage Tide > Age of Worms >> Shackled City in my mind. I run AoW at home, and its got some great horror bits which I really like (its my thing). But Savage Tide has pirates and *my* crazed archivist, so that's why.

Shackled City is good, but I think Paizo honed things with AoW and onward.

I agree w/ RA that we haven't gotten very much in WotBS to really judge it yet. I like it.
Hmm...I haven't played AoW, but I've shyed away from it because I despise the Greyhawk pantheon (the only pantheon real-life or fantasy that I dislike, as an amateur mythologiy buff) and I'm generally negative towards Greyhawk in general, and I've heard it has a lot of ties to Greyhawk. SCAP and STAP seem much more flexible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads