• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Map from Starter Box - Small Spoiler

SilverBulletKY

First Post
My group prefers to have the map printed out and to use minis. I prefer this as well and usually cut out a room at a time and add them as they travel to not show the entire map at one time. However, Wave Echo Cave is enormous. The squares represent 10' for one thing on this map so you should be able to fit 4 characters in a square. If you print it this way it will be about 12 feet long. Has anyone printed this or used it yet?

Shush

First Post
What Tormyr said.
Also, notice that there are many areas that dont have "encounters" in them. I myself made that mistake, and altho i read whole thing beforehand, when party was getting near to the Cave, i eagerly started to prepare encounter maps, photoshopped 1st area showing just what they can see, blew it up to scale, printed it out, put it together and all. And then i check it out in adventure, and turns out there is no combat encounter in first area :(
So i did small scale for exploration, with separate rooms/areas, and i will be drawing combat maps from them onto battlemat (or make one of the players draw it from small scale while i do initiative or other DM business).

Remove ads