• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map of Faerun added to FR Cover?

Well, hypothetically speaking of course, if the FR logo isn't being used and this isn't just a place holder, how about a parchment like map underneath and behind the Drizzt illo? That way you still showcase more than just Drizzt, you show a little bit of what else made FR so popular, namely the scope and breath of the world.

Ideas?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Talaeden_Denthiir said:
Well, hypothetically speaking of course, if the FR logo isn't being used and this isn't just a place holder, how about a parchment like map underneath and behind the Drizzt illo? That way you still showcase more than just Drizzt, you show a little bit of what else made FR so popular, namely the scope and breath of the world.

Ideas?
As much as I idolize Drizzt, I'd rather they use Elminster, perhaps holding(?) a globe of Abeir-Toril.

Also, add a subtitle heading: "Book I: Faerun"

P.S. Put the familiar or updated FR brand under the enormous D&D splash heading.

PeterWeller

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Also, add a subtitle heading: "Book I: Faerun"

Didn't they already say that the other continents were getting treatment? I could have sworn I read that Ed was doing most of the writing on those sections.

Ranger REG

Explorer
PeterWeller said:
Didn't they already say that the other continents were getting treatment? I could have sworn I read that Ed was doing most of the writing on those sections.
In just one itty-bitty 300-odd-page book?

Will the print be so small and fine that a thirtysomething, if not an 18-year-old, would need reading glasses?

PeterWeller

First Post
Ranger REG said:
In just one itty-bitty 300-odd-page book?

Will the print be so small and fine that a thirtysomething, if not an 18-year-old, would need reading glasses?

I could have sworn I read that they were getting short overviews, nothing in too much depth, but enough information to help out a DM who find his party suddenly wanting to check out the Dragon Wall.

Ranger REG

Explorer
PeterWeller said:
I could have sworn I read that they were getting short overviews, nothing in too much depth, but enough information to help out a DM who find his party suddenly wanting to check out the Dragon Wall.
I just hope it doesn't read like one of those d20 Modern campaign models.

kennew142

First Post
Talaeden_Denthiir said:

Ideas?

I think this would be a great idea. In an earlier thread I said that this was likely the best cover we could expect, given WOTC's love affair with character portraits. I would have loved to have a map, or a group of characters engaging Zhents, or any of the other fine ideas that have been floated around here. I just don't think they'll do it. WOTC loves them some character portraits, the more static the better.

Remove ads