• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map Symbol Fonts?

I like making maps.

Sadly, I'm really bad at it. Really, really bad. Awful, even.

I've tried a couple of different commercial products, but none of them are quite intuitive enough for my purposes. It hit me today, though, that there might be another way for me to manage.

Fonts. There are a lot of different symbol type fonts out there, and it would be very easy indeed to just type map symbols into Paint, or Excel, and move them around to get what I want.

Unfortunately, I can't find a font that has the sort of thing that I'm looking for. A mountain or two, trees, hills, cities...that sort of thing. The sort of symbols that you get in Campaign Cartographer, say.

Does anyone know of such a font? Commercially available or otherwise?

Pbartender

First Post
Just to give MapMaker PLUS another plug and to give an idea of what it can do, here's several maps I made with MapMaker PLUS for my Iron Heroes campaign using the Dark Harbor adventure in a home-brewed alternate Earth past...

http://antediluvia.pbwiki.com/Atlas

(Click on the maps to see full-sized versions.)

The maps were all made using the MapMaker fonts and images, maps found through Google, and Photoshop. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Remove ads