Maps of Aquerra

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have decided to re-name this thread "Maps of Aquerra" and just keep posting the maps of my setting as I make them.

The first is: The Magocracy of Thricia.

-------------------------------
This is the first map I have made with the MapMaker+ set of fonts and their elements.

magocracyofthricia(old).gif

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
And here is a variation of the above map with all the of the Spice & Thread Islands - which includes the Kingdom of the Red God of the West, which is the next map I will be making (a labeled version of said theocracy).

spiceandthreadislands.gif

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
el-remmen said:
Here is a more up to date version of the map:
Hmm, I'd use a darker color for the various names of seas and oceans. Plus, the red text is hard to read. You might want to get it to "pop" more. Maybe try black with a thin red outline.

What program are you using?

KF72

James Heard

Explorer
I think I'd revise my plan for the rivers, because right now they look a lot out of place. What is the straight line crossing the continent on the left towards the bottom of that landmass? There's no clear indicator of what it represents and it doesn't exist on the largest scale map?

pogre

Legend
I am less interested in the geography here than the art. Was there a mapping program you employed to make some of these? Did you use CC and manipulate them in PS?

Pbartender

First Post
pogre said:
I am less interested in the geography here than the art. Was there a mapping program you employed to make some of these? Did you use CC and manipulate them in PS?

He's using MapMaker PLUS, a package of fonts and images for making antique maps. You simply build maps with your favorite image-editing program, by cutting and pasting.

I've used MapMaker PLUS to build maps for my Iron Heroes campaign. If you're reasonably proficient with the like of PhotoShop or PaintShop, I can't recommend it enough. With a little bit of practice, you can make beautiful maps.

Remove ads