D&D General March Madness 2024 - Round 2 - Martials

Choose your favorite 4 classes from this list.

• Fighter

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • Warlord

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Paladin

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Monk

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Rogue

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 23 37.7%

• Poll closed .

DrJawaPhD

Explorer
How in the world is Rogue #2 (most boring class in the game, and borderline the most useless) and Barbarian at #7 (super fun, some great mechanics, not the best damage but so much better than Rogues)?

Maybe people are voting based on previous editions and I'm only familiar with 5e? Rogues are a classic archetype in general but they're straight garbage in 5e

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
How in the world is Rogue #2 (most boring class in the game, and borderline the most useless) and Barbarian at #7 (super fun, some great mechanics, not the best damage but so much better than Rogues)?

Maybe people are voting based on previous editions and I'm only familiar with 5e? Rogues are a classic archetype in general but they're straight garbage in 5e
The rankings were determined by voting in another thread. (shrug) This is the ranking we wanted, for some reason.

DrJawaPhD

Explorer
The rankings were determined by voting in another thread. (shrug) This is the ranking we wanted, somehow.
Right yeah I was shocked at the time that Barbarians were so low and Rogues were so high but never bothered posting until seeing their matchup here, and hoping to gin up some support for the most fun class in the game

Yaarel

He Mage
Maybe people are voting based on previous editions and I'm only familiar with 5e?
That is probably the case. Voters have earlier editions in mind, even when voting for 5e options.

Heh, ENWorld forumers tend to be knowledgeable but frown on innovation.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
That is probably the case. Voters have earlier editions in mind, even when voting for 5e options.

Heh, ENWorld forumers tend to be knowledgeable but frown on innovation.
Well if its any consolation, the rankings aren't a perfect predictor of who will win...they should be taken with a grain of salt. In Round One, the #3 Warlock lost to the #6 Druid somehow and it wasn't even close.

Yaarel

He Mage
Well if its any consolation, the rankings aren't a perfect predictor of who will win...they should be taken with a grain of salt. In Round One, the #3 Warlock lost to the #6 Druid somehow and it wasn't even close.
Heh, that somewhat confirmed the comment.

The "Warlock" is the innovation that the conservative ENWorlders frown on.

Remove ads