D&D General March Madness (D&D Classes) 2024 - Scores and Discussion

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This is it...the final round! On the Casters side of the bracket, we have the #6-ranked Druid, and on the Martials side of the bracket is the #3-ranked Paladin! So much for all of those "Core Four" naysayers, huh?

Here is where the bracket stands so far:
CurrentBracket.png

How to Play
Fill out the attached bracket and post it to this thread. It's too late to win any prizes, but you can still win the glowing admiration of your peers! You can post it however you like: fill out the PDF and post a screenshot, you can print it out and fill it out with a pencil and then post a photo of it, or you can send me an IM and ask me to fill out and post a bracket for you. The exact way you do it is up to you.

That's all there is to it! No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, etc.

Scoring
For those of us who are playing to win, each blank on the bracket is worth 1 point (which means the highest possible score is 15). Whoever has the most points at the end of the contest will win the prize...pretty straightforward. In the event of a tie, the contestant who posted their bracket first will win. It's nice and straightforward.

The Prize
The winner will receive a $20 digital gift certificate to DriveThruRPG. They've got a pretty awesome sale going on right now, so you should be able to pick up some pretty sweet deals with that little gift card.

SCOREBOARD

Final Scores
Not a single person predicted the Druid would make it to the Finals. And fair enough; the Druid was #6 in the popularity poll...the thought of the Druid somehow upsetting the #1-ranked Wizard was absurd.

So the scoreboard remains unchanged:

@GuardianLurker - 13 points <--- WINNER!
@el-remmen - 12 points
@Old_Skool - 10 points
@CreamCloud0 - 11 points
@Eyes of Nine - 10 points
@FitzTheRuke - 9 points
@Clint_L - 9 points
@ezo - 9 points
@CleverNickName - 8 points

@OB1 - 8 points
@Gradine - 6 points

@Yaarel - 6 points
@TwoSix - 2 points

@el-remmen leads the game, beating out @GuardianLurker thanks to early posting--they were the first one to post their bracket and that's how ties are broken.

Anyway, I hope everyone has fun with this silly little contest. And special thanks to the 50-something folks who helped me rank 16 D&D character classes, to get this contest started.

Attachments

• March Maness (D&D Classes) 2024.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Here's my bracket.

CleverNickNamePrediction.png

I predict that the Warlock and Rogue will make it into the final round, and Warlock will prevail. (Hey, a Moogle can dream....right?)

aco175

Legend
I think that if rogue had a cooler name like thief they would beat fighter in quarter-finals. But I tend to bracket teams by my favorite colors...

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
while i'm not exactly enthusiastic about how some of these conflicts play out this is how i believe they're going to result, druid/cleric is really a 50-50 toss up in my mind, i think the power and traditionality of the combatants are ultimately going to be big deciding factors to which classes are favoured in most of the conflicts.
1709821963824.png

OB1

Jedi Master
Rather than picking based on popularity, I've tried to imagine who wins in a Level 20 fight between each class, leading to Fighters disproving caster supremacy once and for all!
As a side note, would be great fun to have an official Level 20 vs Level 20 PvP cage match for each of these to go along with the voting.
1709828537227.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's mine. I think we were only supposed to pick four from the Casters, but everyone seems to just be filling the whole thing out, so I did the same:

1709836311086.png

Remove ads