D&D General March Madness (D&D Classes) 2024 - Scores and Discussion

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Here's mine. I think we were only supposed to pick four from the Casters, but everyone seems to just be filling the whole thing out, so I did the same:
Not quite. The actual voting will start tomorrow; today (and this thread) is just for posting our predictions for the whole contest.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
MarMad.png

The 4 seed is the new 5 seed

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Here is the official bracket! If you want, you can download it here (right-click and "Save As..." on the image below, or download the attached form-fillable PDF) and fill it out with your own predictions. If you do, post a screenshot to this thread!

View attachment 350020

To give everyone a chance to fill out and post their brackets, the first "game" will be this Friday, March 8th, for the first round of Casters. This will be a straight poll of 8 options, and you'll be asked to pick your favorite four. Of course, there's no way to enforce the limitations of the grid here--if you want to vote for both the Wizard and the Psion, for example, nobody can stop you. Just know that when they are counted, they will be sorted into the grid first, meaning you won't be able to defeat the bracket with selective voting. Only the Psion OR the Wizard will advance to the next round, not both, regardless of how the voting goes. In the event of a tie, alphabetical order will prevail.

On March 12th, this will be repeated for the Martials, with the favorite four options advancing to the next round. (Why do Casters get to go first instead of the Martials? Because 'C' comes before 'M' in the alphabet. Why is alphabetical order the tie-breaker? Because it puts Wizards at a slight disadvantage.)

Anyway, I hope you have fun with this silly little contest. And special thanks to the 50-something folks who helped me rank 16 D&D character classes, to get this contest started.
I'm assuming these are the 5e classes?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Ya know, there's a pretty good handful of people who've submitted brackets. What do you guys think about making this....interesting?

How about I add a scoreboard to the front page and award a prize for whoever gets the most correct? Nothing too fancy, I'm thinking something like a digital gift certificate to DriveThruRPG or something. Would that be interesting and fun, or distracting and lame?

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:

Remove ads