• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you reading?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'm enjoying the artwork and details regarding the artist in -

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pieter-Bruegel-Elder-Prints-Drawings/dp/0300090145/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330586500&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Pieter Bruegel the Elder: Prints and Drawings (9780300090147): Associate Curator Nadine M. Orenstein: Books[/ame]

Krug

Newshound
First book in the series about Genghis Khan: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Genghis-Birth-Empire-Conn-Iggulden/dp/038534421X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330589216&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Genghis: Birth of an Empire: A Novel (9780385344210): Conn Iggulden: Books[/ame]

Bloody, brutal and well-researched. Enjoying it much more than I thought I would. Going to take a break before moving on to the next book though.

delericho

Legend
Currently reading "Towers of Midnight" by Jordan/Sanderson.

Next up is "The Many Deaths of the Black Company" by Glen Cook, and then "Silas Marner" by George Elliot. Time permitting, I'll also tackle "A Kingdom Beseiged" by Feist, but that looks doubtful.

RPG-wise, I'm waiting on the last part of the Jade Regent AP arriving, which I will then read immediately. That's the only RPG book I expect to read this month.

First book in the series about Genghis Khan

I very much enjoyed that trilogy, though the emphasis is very much on historical fiction. His series on Julius Caesar is also worth a read.

Mercutio01

First Post
I have the audiobook of "Ready Player One" checked out from the library. I'm conflicted and not totally sure what I think about it so far (third CD).

Scotley

Hero
I'm reading the new Sherlock Holmes novel House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz

BARNES & NOBLE | The House of Silk: A Sherlock Holmes Novel by Anthony Horowitz, Little, Brown & Company | NOOK Book (eBook), Hardcover, Audiobook

Bout two thirds in and finding it decent if not great.

Also listening to Game of Thrones on CD which I've read before. It is as depressing as I remember.

I'm also reading Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne and finding it highly amusing.

BARNES & NOBLE | Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles Series #1) by Kevin Hearne, Random House Publishing Group | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Audiobook

Rhyssa

First Post
About 1/3rd of the way through Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clark.

I like it.
I just finished the Nook version of that in February. I liked it.

Right now I'm currently reading the Clockwork Century books by Cherie Priest - Boneshaker, Clementine, Dreadnaught (about half-way through), and Ganymede (next up). I rather like the books. She's done a good job with the steampunk aspects of it all without going overboard. The explanations she gives for things make sense in a believable way and her heroines aren't simply looking for love. In fact, no romance at all, which I do like. The stories are vaguely interconnected in that she uses or mentions characters from one book in other books, but they aren't really sequels of each other.

Between reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell I finished The Bridge Chronicles, which is by someone I know (online) from another forum I frequent. Cyberpunk genre and I enjoyed the series. I'm hoping he writes more in this world.

Chairman7w

First Post
On the last quarter of Stephen King's 11/22/63 Loving it so far.

Waiting in the wings:

- Area 51
- Ready Player One (off of the recommendations I got here!)
- Kingdoms of Amalur Game Guide (what an awesome book!)

NOTE: I have you guys to thank for most of my great reading in the past several years. SO many great recommendations, Game of Thrones in particular! Thanks gang!

Jack7

First Post
I'm enjoying the artwork and details regarding the artist in -

Amazon.com: Pieter Bruegel the Elder: Prints and...

I
ndeed.

What I'll be reading for March:

Biography: Crazy Horse, by Larry McMurtry (one of my favorite Western authors)
A Life in Secrets: Vera Atkins and the missing agents of WWII
A History of the Popes

Books on CD: Social Media 101 - my kids and I will be studying this together

Comics/Graphic Novels: Quarantine
Batman: Life after Death

eBooks or Internet Library: ntm

Fiction: Ghost Story - just completed it
The Prague Cemetery - Umberto Eco, brilliant, and almost creepy book

Non-Fiction: Filming God
Greenville Business Magazine: last three issues
The Best in Tent Camping: the Carolinas
Science in 100 Key Breakthroughs - I'm looking for new invention ideas

Literature: The Works of Lord Byron

Children's Books: ntm

Youth Books: The Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Golem's Eye - really enjoying this series

Scripture: Torah - I'll be making my own translations from Hebrew of certain passages in the Torah

Lectures: Elemental Matters - not long ago I finished a set of lectures on genetics and biochemistry. This series is rather basic chemistry but not too long ago I re-read Lavosier (what to us would seem like basic chemistry) but some of the ideas he proposed in those works were so advanced that they gave me several great ideas. So I'm looking forward to this.
Social Media 101 - my kids and I will be studying this together
The Big Picture MBA - I liked this lecture series so well I'm relistening to it.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads