• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you reading?

Binagran

First Post
Sulimo said:

Yeah. All three of the trilogies that are based on JMS outlines are quite excellent I feel. A few of the earlier B5 novels are good too..principally 'To Dream in the City of Sorrows' written by Mrs. JMS.

Personally, only "To Dream in the City of Sorrows" was any good from the earlier ones.

But all the trilogy's are excellent, with The Psi Corps series being outstanding.

Check outA Dark Distorted Mirror for an excellent alternate universe version of Babylon 5.

Me, I'm reading the Honor Harrington series after years of trying to get around to it.

Too many books and not enough time.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
mmmm. Just ordered the second new Thieves' World novel, Thieves' World: Turning Points and Ricardo Pinto's second book, The Standing Dead: Book Two of the Stone Dance of the Chameleon. Finally, on the second one. Two frickin' years after the first one, and the third one not even out of outline stage at this time.

On the 'to be read' shelf:
The Fall of the Kings by Ellen Kushner, Delia Sherman
Restoration by Carol Berg
Hidden Warrior by Lynn Flewelling
Tribute Trail by Chris Power, Terri Beckett
The Briar King by J. Gregory Keyes
Bouncing Off the Moon by David Gerrold

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Just finished Deadhouse Gates. Much better than the first book. still, I'll take a break before tackling the third in the series, and possibly try to pick up China Mielville.

Dave Blewer

First Post
I have finished Sharpe's Trafalgar which was very good in a brutal disgusting kind of way (especially the stuff on shipboard food).

I am now reading Sharpe's Prey which deals with our heroes adventures in the 1807 Battle of Copenhagen. Something tells me that I won't get it finished this month :D

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Started on Turning Points, the second new Theives' World book, and the first anthology. Very good so far. Still no new map of Sanctuary.

So, which d20 publisher is going to pick this up, huh?

Last edited:

orbitalfreak

First Post
Last night, I picked up Michael Crichton's The Andromeda Strain, and finished it in about 4 hours. It was a quick, entertaining read, but not the best thing to be put in print. It could have been better, but the ending was wrapped up too quickly, and the way the book ended was a cop-out.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Orryn Emrys said:
Just finished Elizabeth Haydon's trilogy... the one that starts with Rhapsody.

She's got a fourth novel out now, entitled Requiem for the Sun. Same world, same characters

As for me, I'm (re)-reading The Mauritius Command, the fourth book in Patrick O'Brien's incredible Aubrey/Maturin series. Anyone who's a fan of tall ships and Napoleonic-era naval action can't do better than this.

J

Remove ads