• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: he is unfriendly and Sin is currently unaware of what transpired between him and Weapon. He is indeed trying to ignore that you mentioned anything about money to demand information from you. Yes he is not nice, nor is he playing fair.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon checked a sigh. He considered that he had better options when the river was available. Now... flipping the table might help with a distraction, and if the upper window he spotted on the way in was big enough he could jump through. But Alys' mouth still had a chance to do its thing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: As I thought, but just making sure. How much does a window cost, as an aside?)

"Good sir, I am a detective. Just as your heroic actions to protect our city feed your family, so too do my investigations help put bread on the table for me. I would be glad to tell you things that required a great deal of research, but first, please, you must hire me. Would you expect to receive no pay at all as a guard? Please, remember you did promise that to me before I came with you. I trust the honour and the justice of the Sharn Watch to continue as it always has as a shining example of integrity."

(OOC: The DC 15 Diplomacy check to raise Unfriendly to Indifferent (for that one guy) or Indifferent to Friendly (perhaps importantly, these new guards are listening too and might be affected also, which will subtly help) is trivial, particularly with Weapon's Aid Another)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"And the well known honor of House Deneith," Weapon added dryly.

Aid Another at -2. You'll really want me to stop making these when I take Warforged Juggernaut. ;)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Alright, wait a minute, how about this then? You have information and I have information, I'm not going to hire you but if you've already been hired then information will help you will it not? By the way, I'm not sure I properly introduced myself, I am Alkert d'Denieth." he replies.

ooc: +15 dipl. on an 18 roll turns someone around mighty quick.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alys smiles.*

"Now we're getting somewhere. Thank you Alkert--can I call you Al? Thank you Al. But I've actually already solved this case, which, since you are looking for help to deal it, indicates that my information contains that which is crucial. I may already have found your information as well. All that remains after this is for my sidekicks and I to pursue a final course of action suggested by the case's solution--if not, I fear there could be grave danger afoot. If you would like to hire us, I was actually specifically telling my other client that this would be the kind of thing on which you would want to work with the watch, but he said the watch didn't have enough men to send them off to deal with this. I'll crack this case right open for you--all I need is my usual fee to help pay my friends and help recover the losses necessitated during the investigation. I'm sure you want to help, wouldn't you Al? I bet you saw the dream vision too, didn't you? Let me help you."

(OOC: She's fairly confident that she has no need for further intelligence--she just wants more cash than the meagre amount our Sivis friend offered, plus an official writ that says not to question her because she's working with the Watch. She may not even have to continue trying to contact The Six and Morgrave University if there's sufficient funding from this, though if the others approve, she probably might anyway)

Wik

First Post
Brelach looks down at the building. "Well, there's our happy little friends. Let's head down - but quietly. Give the door a knock, and see what happens.

He then approaches the building, that prickly feeling at the back of his neck again. Great.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads