• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

Paranoia833

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Now, now, it's perfectly possible to get through adventures without a healer. My reguler Eberron group's only spellcasters are a bard and a psiwarrior. It's pretty hard to get a TPK in Eberron at lower levels what with being able to spend action points to stop bleeding, or spam them like mad to get near guarenteed hits. Worst comes to worst you can always pool your funds together for a wand of cure light wounds.

As to how easy the encounters will be for rogues, that would be telling... But yeah, you may want to aim for surprise rounds, just don't expect me to hand them to you on a silver platter like this time. :p [/sblock]

Reacting to the sudden outbreak of violence shrieks erupt from the crowd, most of the assembled dragonmarked begin to run back to the larger crowds putting out the other fires, leaving only a few lingerers brave or dumb enough to stick around.

Predictably enough Silvanon's second arrow flies wide, shooting off into the inferno. The kobold he missed makes a high-pitched cackling noise... which turns into a deathgasp as Bennit's arrow digs into its stomach. It falls to the ground, twitching for a few seconds, then going limp.

The warforged looks around, surveying the carnage. It's eyes fall on the halfling, then the gnome lying in the mud.

"Master Robillan! You are in danger! She's got some of the-!" As it shouts, it runs forward, leaping off the edge of the burning floor and lands gracelessly, about 10 feet in front of Weapon. The cobblestones beneath crack under the weight of its adamantine frame.

The sole remaining kobold on the frontline turns around, distracted for a split second by the new arrival. A costly mistake, as it allows Alysina to escape. Darting back a few feet, she darts towards the crouching halfling and fires off a torrent of colour. The halfling girl is blasted back, knocked to the ground by the spray. She writhes on the floor just like the kobold.

Weapon, taking advatage of the kobold's loss of focus, swings his axe in an attempt to take off the its head. Only a desperate, split second twitch saves it. The kobolds leaps back, away from the warforged... and into the loving embrace of Brelach's morningstar. Brain and blood leak out of the hole in the lizardling's head at it collapses in a heap.

The final kobold looks at the carnage, the bodies of it's comrades around him... and screams with rage. Displaying none of the cowardice often attributed to its race, it charges Arvin, screaming out a battlecry in frantic draconic;

[sblock=draconic speakers] The kobold's thick accent and bestial, yapping voice makes it hard to be certain, but it seems to be crying: "Glory to the prophet! Death to those who would oppose destiny!" [/sblock]

It leaps for Arvin, and the surprising show of braveness actually allows it to get a hit in (Arvin take 2 damage), unfortunately for the kobold, Arvins counter-strike takes is fatal, the Seren's axe digging deep into the beasts chest. Bones crack, and the kobold goes limp...

OOC: All the kobolds but one are now dead, and that little beast is still out like a light from the colour spray. Same with the halfling. Arvin has taken 2 points of damage from the final kobold's kamikaze charge as noted above, but aside from that you've no injuries. The gnome continues to bleed but is still alive. The warforged is currently standing 10 feet away from Weapon, Brelach and the gnome. You have no idea what it's going to do next.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, we should probably keep the halfling alive to question her..." Alysina suggests, following her own advice as she performs a nonlethal coup de grace, "Someone help stabilise the gnome. And do something about the kobold before it awakes--your choice of a lethal or nonlethal solution."

Wik

First Post
Brelach kicks the kobold off his morningstar, and sneers at the little splatters of blood on his black courtier's suit. "Damn, that's one suit ruined." He mutters, before almost being knocked off his feet by the sudden impact of the warforged nearby.

Brelach nods to himself. Gnome and Warforged are friends, eh? Putting on his most heroic face, Brelach throws himself on the gnome, putting himself between the gnome and the warforged. Holding his morning star up menacingly, he growls "Careful, you glorified bucket. I won't let you hurt this gnome," believing fully that the warforged has no intention of bringing harm to the gnome anyways (but at least this way, he might be able to befriend the Warforged a bit more easily)

Brelach's Bluff Check (1d20+8=27)

(master performance, I say!)

s@squ@tch

First Post
Silvanon Rogue 1, hp: 7/7

"Anyone know what that lizard screamed?"

Silvanon's attention turns towards the warforged -- carefully moving around to the left side of it, keeping about 20' of space between himself and it (assuming that Brelach is standing between it and the gnome) His fingers still wrapped around the bowstring, with an arrow nocked.

Silvanon is not a talker, he is a behind the scenes sneaker, so he will leave the talking to the others.

[sblock=OOC, all]

So, to reset the scene, gnome runs out with box, chased by kobolds, then the halfling gets bullrushed out of the building by a warforged, followed by the warforged. The warforged seems to know the gnome (master?).

Halfling is aberrantly marked, gnome has mark of scribing.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Paranoia833

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Pretty much, although the halfling didn't so much jump as get bullrushed through the wall. Oh and the gnome will be dead in about two rounds. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Once the halfling and kobold have been taken care of and the gnome tended, Alysina turns to the Warforged:*

"Well, hello there, friend. My name is Alysina Verani, and I'm an inquisitive. We're here in response to the incident that all the Dragonmarked have felt. We have protected Robillan from his assailants, but we would like some answers, if you would?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Pretty much, although the halfling didn't so much jump as get bullrushed through the wall. Oh and the gnome is currently bleeding to death... if any of you have any healing skill whatsoever, or failing that a positive wisdom mod, I recommend you act fast.

(OOC: Well, Alysina did ask for someone to do it, but Wisdom is the Roguish dump stat :lol: Brelach and Silvanon "the wise" are our greatest healers--they have a 10 Wisdom each. Everyone else has 8, except for Weapon. He has 6!)

Wik

First Post
OOC: Fine. Let Brelach do it.

Cursing as the gnome bleeds, Brelach puts down his morning star, still very wary of the warforged standing behind him, and tried to bind the gnome's wounds with some of the lace at his neck and wrists.

"This shirt cost me a fortune, gnome. If you die, you better come back as a ghost with thirty gold..." He says, as he binds wounds.

(I'll be damned... check this out: Brelach's Heal Check (1d20=20)... and here I was afraid I'd have to use my healing potion!)

Remove ads