Arcadian Knight
Blood Demand
"Those of royal blood can truly bend enemies to their service"

level: 8
component cost:1 Healing Surge
Market Cost : 150 karma
Key Skill: Intimidate
Time: 1 minute
Duration: indefinite (perhaps based on quality of roll)

An extension of the Intimidation Influence. This Gift allows one to create a single service involuntary oath. It is a compulsion to do something with actual negative repercussions if you don't follow the demand, these may in fact be as extreme as the intimidation which initiates them. An intimidation vs a bloodied enemy may result in an infliction as extreme as eventual death if you fail to follow the oath. It isn't always totally obvious that an oath has taken. This is a power often attributed to Paladins such as Lancelot. A common example of the task being "Travel to Camelot and peacefully offer yourself up for penance to the king and his mercy" - with a tacit you will sicken and die? if you do not. The task might require as much as a season to complete.

A Blood Demand creates a situational affliction and requires a successful use of intimidation. (for greatest effect just as intimidation it requires a bloodied target)

Branching out in to afflictions and things not really developed in 4e.

Edited: level set based on nearest similar ritual = somewhat less than the Mark of Justice ritual

Last edited:

thanson02

Explorer
Blood Demand
"Those of royal blood can truly bend enemies to their service"

level: 4
component cost:1 Healing Surge
Market Cost : 150 karma
Key Skill: Intimidate
Time: 5 minutes
Duration: indefinite (perhaps based on quality of roll)

An extension of the Intimidation Influence. This Gift allows one to create a single service involuntary oath. It is a compulsion to do something with actual negative repercussions if you don't follow the demand, these may in fact be as extreme as the intimidation which initiates them. An intimidation vs a bloodied enemy may result in an infliction as extreme as eventual death if you fail to follow the oath. It isn't always totally obvious that an oath has taken. This is a power often attributed to Paladins such as Lancelot. A common example of the task being "Travel to Camelot and peacefully offer yourself up for penance to the king and his mercy" - with a tacit you will sicken and die? if you do not.

A Blood Demand creates a situational affliction and requres a successful use of intimidation. (for greatest effect just as intimidation it requires a bloodied target)

Branching out in to afflictions and things not really developed in 4e.

Martial Practices that focus on Social encounters, good idea. Come to think of it, one could also probably do that around exploration based encounters as well.

Sorry, I've been refining my Skill Challenges for my home games to be more task-specific, primarily around social and exploration based encounters. What you posted got me thinking that I could do the same thing with Martial Practices as well....

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Martial Practices that focus on Social encounters, good idea. Come to think of it, one could also probably do that around exploration based encounters as well.

Sorry, I've been refining my Skill Challenges for my home games to be more task-specific, primarily around social and exploration based encounters. What you posted got me thinking that I could do the same thing with Martial Practices as well....

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Martial Practices are really ahem under fed and feel like they werent really allowed to compete at any level with rituals,in most cases they lack a sense of awesome and are way mundane rather than legendary, I am intent on fixing that...

This seems fairly interesting. It could also be something like an ED/PP feature, but I don't think it is ill-served by being made an MP either. Its clearly one that implies or borrows from some other thematics though, so it might not be one that just any old character can learn!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This seems fairly interesting. It could also be something like an ED/PP feature, but I don't think it is ill-served by being made an MP either. Its clearly one that implies or borrows from some other thematics though, so it might not be one that just any old character can learn!

A paladin PP or Kingship Epic Destiny, eh.

A paladin PP or Kingship Epic Destiny, eh.

I think 'The King Reborn' is a PERFECT ED. 'Rightful Ruler' would be a decent PP too. Basically King Arthur, you get to pull a 'revelation' and that triggers acquiring the path, and from there you get your leadership bennies and whatnot. I always really hankered for a much more "legendary" sort of feel to these things.

You can have PP/ED like basically 'Black Knight' or 'Green Knight' or whatever. They did have some that do evoke that kind of thing, but a lot of them seem less legend-based and more fiction-based. Then there were those very few EDs that were totally off the wall, like Legendary Thief. That was the most awesome ED ever.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I think 'The King Reborn' is a PERFECT ED. 'Rightful Ruler' would be a decent PP too. Basically King Arthur, you get to pull a 'revelation' and that triggers acquiring the path, and from there you get your leadership bennies and whatnot. I always really hankered for a much more "legendary" sort of feel to these things.

You can have PP/ED like basically 'Black Knight' or 'Green Knight' or whatever. They did have some that do evoke that kind of thing, but a lot of them seem less legend-based and more fiction-based. Then there were those very few EDs that were totally off the wall, like Legendary Thief. That was the most awesome ED ever.

I am big on the legendary angle... myself

Uther that selfish bastard plunging Excalibur in to the stone and declaring only he and his could draw it forth had a spine tingle to it.

I think it works fine as a MP too in part because I see daemonic, draconic, fae, and divine blood-lines in basically a huge number of heros, villains and kings in legend and even asserted in history. All the main players in Arthurian legend had a special bloodline as does every character the greeks called hero (which literally meant defender btw)

Remove ads