Marvel could publish DC.

I don't know the anti-monopoly laws in USA but I have seen in the web statita.com the distribution of comic store sales in the United States in 4th quarter 2020 was 33.6% by Marvel and 29,99% by DC.
I don't think anti-Monopoly laws come into effect if you only have 33.6 percent of the market in specialty stores

The cinema adwards gala (Oscars, Globe) lose watchers, and some teleseries started well but later they lost audence rating. Of course there is an "aggresive proselitism". Bobby Drake "Iceman" and Kitty Pride "Shadowcat" were straight were decades, but now they aren't. Let's suggest a checkup. Go to the fandom wiki of DC and Marvel and search "LGBT characters", and later "Christian characters" and "Catholic characters". What do you think? How many characters go to Sunday everysunday in a Hollywood production and not only weddings and funerals, and I mean not only Simpsons. In Top Gun 2 the Taiwanese flag has been banned. John Cena apologing and speaking Mandarin because he said Taiwan was an independient country. Do you remember the remake of "Red Dawn"? What about Richad Gere and Bai Ling after "The Red Corner"? How many times the communist have been the antagonists in a Hollywood production after Reagan age? Do you know what means "cheka" or "Holodomor"? How many times Hollywood mentioned McCarthy's witch-hunt, telling this was the "bad guy", or showing a no-good image about the anti-communists? When anybody has said George Lematire, the father or the theory of the big bang was a priest, or a Christian in a Hollywood production could talk about the fine turning of the universe with a scientific. What do you know about project Venona or operation mockbirding? Think about how Hollywood helped gay community to be tolerated and accepted.

Hollywood has got a too great influence to be not used as a propaganda weapon in the cultural war.
The two are unrelated

Comics do their own thing because they're too small for the movie studios and corporate hireups to give a flip
Change in comics that reflect the movies aren't the movie studios saying "make Fury black and bring in Colson." It's the failing superhero comic industry desperately trying to boost sales by tying into the superhero media people are buying: films

Characters like Iceman or Pryde being made gay really comes down to the lack of diversity in comics, which was the result of them being published in the 1960s and 1970s and the audience's apathy to new characters
They can't make a series of new gay characters (who won't be forgotten in two years) so they make existing characters gay to reflect the realities of their audience and the world

I guess maybe Warner/DC will become a corporate spin-off and this will acept work with Disney as a partner or a hired outsourcer company. This would be gradually. The first steps would be Disney working with Warner franchises, something like Sony movies with characters from Marvel comics. Why to sell the cash-cow when you could "rent" it and later this would become more valious?

Warner is owned by AT&T who shows no interest in selling, and is relying on DC properties to drive people to HBO and the CW
AT&T isn't going to give properties to a competitor like Disney and allow them to make more money

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Warner is owned by AT&T who shows no interest in selling, and is relying on DC properties to drive people to HBO and the CW
AT&T isn't going to give properties to a competitor like Disney and allow them to make more money
If you watched the news, AT&T is precisely preparing Warner for easy divesting. This fussion with Discovery means they will no longer mamage the day to day dealings of it, and allows them to easily sell it little by little.

If you watched the news, AT&T is precisely preparing Warner for easy divesting. This fussion with Discovery means they will no longer mamage the day to day dealings of it, and allows them to easily sell it little by little.
Divesting is probably the wrong word there
They're merging WarnerMedia with Discovery so they only have a single TV company with combined assets

They're not selling anything

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
The two are unrelated

Comics do their own thing because they're too small for the movie studios and corporate hireups to give a flip
Change in comics that reflect the movies aren't the movie studios saying "make Fury black and bring in Colson." It's the failing superhero comic industry desperately trying to boost sales by tying into the superhero media people are buying: films
You may be correct about the motivations for introducing Phil Coulson into the comics universe, but the Nick Fury story is an unusual one. Back in 2002, when Marvel created the Ultimate universe in the comics (a reimagination of the mainstream Marvel universe), they not only decided to make Nick Fury a Black man, but they decided to base his appearance off of Samuel L. Jackson. When Marvel Studios started the films, they drew much inspiration from the Ultimate universe storylines and characters. The cinematic universe's Nick Fury has proved to be so popular (no surprise, there, IMO - it's SLJ!) that he is now the mainstream Marvel universe's Nick Fury. So it's a comics-to-film-to-comics path that winds its way through.

Sorry, I didn't want to cause troubles with an off-topic, but I wanted to tell today lots of readers would rather manga because this doesn't causes suspects about be a propaganda weapon for you to feel ashamed and guilty if you don't support certain ideologies. If you really want to convice, then don't offend neither try to force the rest to agree you.

Usually when two companies are talking seriously about merger and acquisitions the discretion is total, no rumors until the official release. But this time the rumors have been more noisy than the previous. This sounds like trying to "provoke jealosy", the speech of "this is your last opportunity, if you don't love me now other girl will love me". This means the rumors are a warning about if the megacorporations don't show a good offer then Disney will win. And what if AT&T/Discovery ask too much and Disney couldn't or didn't pay it? The plan B would be working with Disney for crossovers and maybe corproductions. And who would buy those titles? For example the speculators, because intercompany crossovers are "rara avis", these aren't easy to reach deals.

If Disney buys DC will be the end of an age and the start of other. And nobody can safe if this will happen or not.

Last edited:

This may be interesting, but not totally linked with this thread.

I think this is very important for Hasbro and WotC, because they are making money with Disney franchises, but other companies also have got interesting IPs. Hasbro also could reconsider who to be called for future productions of franchises from the Hasbroverse. There are deals with Netflix and Disney, and I guess Hasbro would rather to be enough independient to can ask the best offers in the deals.

Sorry, almost off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Wink, wink, nudge. DC, and not only Disney, notices the potential of D&D as franchise. I have suggested this type of mash-up for the superheroe comics and I add these would be fabulous as skins in Fortnite to promote the IPs. Seriously, Hasbro has to talk with DC about selling action figures.

Dark Knights of Steel gives Superman a D&D style character sheet​

“This is for the fans of Game of Thrones and Critical Role,”

DC Announces a New Universe Melding Superheroes and Game of Thrones​

Dark-Knights-of-Steel-3.jpg

Dark-Knights-of-Steel.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads