Marvel could publish DC.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Sorry, almost off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Wink, wink, nudge. DC, and not only Disney, notices the potential of D&D as franchise. I have suggested this type of mash-up for the superheroe comics and I add these would be fabulous as skins in Fortnite to promote the IPs. Seriously, Hasbro has to talk with DC about selling action figures.

Dark Knights of Steel gives Superman a D&D style character sheet​

“This is for the fans of Game of Thrones and Critical Role,”

DC Announces a New Universe Melding Superheroes and Game of Thrones​

Dark-Knights-of-Steel-3.jpg

Dark-Knights-of-Steel.jpg

1628970144546.png

A "weather ballon"/gauge to test the fandom's reaction?

Hero Initiative to Reprint Pérez’s JLA/Avengers, But are Disney & WB Holding Them Back?​

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
A "weather ballon"/gauge to test the fandom's reaction?

No.

George Pérez is a founding member, and sits on the board of, the Hero Initiative, a charity to support comics creators who are in medical and financial need.

Pérez announced in December that he has inoperable, stage 3 pancreatic cancer, and likely has 6 to 12 months to live.

This is a legitimate charity effort, not testing waters for a business deal.

DC COMICS DISASTER CONTINUES AS OFFICES CLOSE DOWN​

---

I guess DC comics will be mergerd with other division of WarnerDiscovery, but this will keep the franchises because today the IPs have got a great potential value. Then the most possible option is licencing other company, for example IDW, to publish the printed-paper comics.

If Marvel publishes its own TTRPG with own system, why not DC following those same steps?

In this conditions DC shouldn't too ask too much in the hypotetical case of a future intercompany crossover to promote the IPs. Maybe this could become a jewel for the speculator market, being one of the last editions by DC.

Urriak Uruk

DC COMICS DISASTER CONTINUES AS OFFICES CLOSE DOWN​

---

I guess DC comics will be mergerd with other division of WarnerDiscovery, but this will keep the franchises because today the IPs have got a great potential value. Then the most possible option is licencing other company, for example IDW, to publish the printed-paper comics.

If Marvel publishes its own TTRPG with own system, why not DC following those same steps?

In this conditions DC shouldn't too ask too much in the hypotetical case of a future intercompany crossover to promote the IPs. Maybe this could become a jewel for the speculator market, being one of the last editions by DC.

If you read the article, it says nothing about mergers. It may not even be downsizing, as it's essentially moving from set office spaces to a "hot desk" model. This is not entirely surprising, as with COVID I'm sure the offices in Burbank were being mostly unused as people shifted to a "work from home" schedule. I'm sure the company has been looking for ways to cut costs, and shifting to a hot desk model when your main offices have been unused for the past two years is a pretty easy move.

Anyway, seems like the headline is overlooking the impact of COVID on this decision.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I'm sure the company has been looking for ways to cut costs, and shifting to a hot desk model when your main offices have been unused for the past two years is a pretty easy move.
I think there are a number of companies doing the same in the post-COVID era. They have seen that work can still get done and communication remain strong with work-from-home. The technology we have today facilitates this better than ever. Plus, many employees see it as benefit.

Urriak Uruk

I think there are a number of companies doing the same in the post-COVID era. They have seen that work can still get done and communication remain strong with work-from-home. The technology we have today facilitates this better than ever. Plus, many employees see it as benefit.

Indeed. There is some reversion now as COVID dies down, but the reversion is trending towards a "hybrid model" (and hot desks or one version of a hybrid model) where folks have a couple mandatory days per week in the office, options to come into the office, but a lot more flexibility with working at home.

It makes sense, as there are benefits to both in-office and at-home working, in both productivity and cost-cutting. I don't think most companies will entirely abandon an office, but there is a definite tilt to more flexibility for office-hours... a net benefit, I think!

Back to DC Comics, I think the move here may be misinterpreted. Yes comic sales are going down, but their going down for Marvel too, and of course the real value is in the IP and not comics (I mean, The Batman looks like it's going to be a big box office winner this weekend). So I believe the possibilities of crossovers/mergers remain fairly small.

Marvel And DC To Reportedly Reprint Crossovers For First Time In Decades Including ‘Amalgam Comics’ And ‘JLA/Avengers’​

---

I don't say it was a wrong idea, but now this sounds as if both were really deseperate and they needed a lot of money to pay the bills. The glory days for WarnerDiscovery and Disney ended time ago, and I wonder if they can survive 2024.

I wonder if DC and Marvel could be licenced to the same publisher, and this was allowed to release a crossover multiverse.

This should have been a second golden age for the comic industry, but now we are in a "second dark age".

Mabe we could be a DC/Marvel crossover in.... Fornite.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin

Marvel And DC To Reportedly Reprint Crossovers For First Time In Decades Including ‘Amalgam Comics’ And ‘JLA/Avengers’​

---

I don't say it was a wrong idea, but now this sounds as if both were really deseperate and they needed a lot of money to pay the bills. The glory days for WarnerDiscovery and Disney ended time ago, and I wonder if they can survive 2024.

I wonder if DC and Marvel could be licenced to the same publisher, and this was allowed to release a crossover multiverse.

This should have been a second golden age for the comic industry, but now we are in a "second dark age".

Mabe we could be a DC/Marvel crossover in.... Fornite.
Cool. Still filling this up under "unconfirmed rumour" for now, until more official news come around (the source of the piece is a bit on the reactionary side and I'm wary of it). If they prove true, I'm so looking forward to Xmen/Titans, Amalgam, and JLA/Avengers, considering I was too young and broke -and not free range- the first time around.

But I'm still waiting to see what comes out of this.

Remove ads