Marvel Heroic RPG (RECRUITING!)

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
I think the initiative system will be fine once people remember to do it. If someone forgets then I think you, as Watcher, can step in and choose someone logical to go next.

Jemal

Adventurer
Or you could just say that if somebody forgets to say who goes next, then whoever gets there first goes next (Seizing the Initiative, as it were)

fireinthedust

Explorer
1) I like seizing the initiative.

2) Liefield... I don't like harping on a guy. I do think they should only have given him one book a month, or miniseries, and left it at that. He overworks on too many titles, and loses quality.

Walking Dad

First Post
I "left" Marvel during "Fear Itself", I just disliked the storyline. Now I only read very few ongoings (but I read Avengers Academy). BTW, Is Nightcrawler already back among the living?

My all-time favorite superhero is the Martian Manhunter, so I'm kind of stuck with DC, but I disliked their decision to seperate him from the Justice League.
Stormwatch was pretty weak and I actually enjoyed more his guest starring in other ongoings.
Some comics of the New 52 are quite good and I don't understand most of the hate. That said, I liked the status quo after Brightest Day and personally didn't need all the changes. In some parts it seems that DC itself isn't sure about the direction of the various storylines.

Stubbazubba

First Post
I saw in the thread that you're looking to replace some inactive players, and I'd like to sign up. I recently got the MHR core book and I'm itching to try it out, and this game looks smashing.

Hope this doesn't seem sketchy, being my first post and all. I've got a pretty healthy history over at GitP, though I've never participated in a PbP there. I've been playing RPGs since I was a kid, and moreso now in college. I'm living in China now, however, for a couple semesters, and finding gamers here brings new meaning to the needle in a haystack metaphor. I'm a big Marvel fan, but somewhat of a second-hand Marvel fan; besides Ultimate Spider-Man when it first came out, I've read very few of the comics. I grew up watching Spider-Man and X-Men animated series and of course have devoured every movie.

If you want me to introduce a character to enter in media res I'm considering Black Panther or Human Torch. If you'd rather me just pick up an inactive one, it's Beast.

Tell me what you think.

Remove ads