Marvel Heroic RPG: Red alert! Danger! Danger!

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
"Cheese!" Iron Man flicks a quick thumbs up to Spider-Man while his targeting systems lock on to the Hydra agents through the smoke. A salvo of missiles release from his armor heading towards all six of the attackers.

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 1
XP: 0

Since the rest of the heroes have showed up I'll be using Team D8, Cutting Edge Tech D8, Missiles D6, Tech Master D10, and I'll add 5 more D6 for my Area Attack.

I'll take the 17 for my total. Then I'll use the 5 d6's I can for my effect with a d4 effect for the last guy. After me will be Spider-Man!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arelius111

First Post
Clint just getting out of the shower, finally notices the sirens and noise outside the Avengers' mansion. He heads to the communication room and gets a record emergency call from Fury. "Aww man, Cap's not going to let me live this down for not being on monitor duty the whole time."

He quickly dons his costume and grabs his gear as heads to the rooftop. He starts up the skycycle and heads to the helicarrier. He notices other heroes have already arrived. "Hope Hulk doesn't show up." He grabs his bow as he flies into the danger zone.

363431-194987-hawkeye-s-skycycle_super.jpg

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Herobizkit, its actually a really simple system once you get into it. When I first started playing I read the rules like 5 times and it still didn't all make sense, but a few rounds of playing and you'll be good. Here's a few links to help you out. One is a Dice Pool mat showing you what all dice you can add to build your pool if you have them. Second is a cheat sheet for player characters to know what they can do. Don't let my turn confuse you, I used a SFX (special effect) Iron Man has to get all those dice.

Dice Mat: http://boldpueblo.com/downloads/mhr/MHR-Dice-Pool-Assemble.pdf

Cheat Sheet: http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Hero-Cheat-Sheet.pdf

A link to tons of resources: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: Collected Miscellanies[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Rules: They make sense when you realize it is NOT a simulation game. What you're doing is looking at the circumstances and asking yourself "do I deserve these dice". If you're Wolverine popping the claws to put some bad guy down with the team, you'll get the Solo dice, the "best there is at what I do" distinction d8, the Claws d10, and the combat d10. If he's got an SFX, it lets him use dice in a new way (like Iron Man's SFX to add 1d6 per target with his missiles). Wolverine's dice that he'd roll would be 1d8 (distinction) + 3d10 (claws, combat, solo), plus any extra dice from spending pp (plot points)

Roll all dice, then pick two for the score, and another for the shape (d6, d8, d10, d12). The bigger the shape, the more powerful the "effect" will be (ie: if you want to do big damage, use a higher dice). The "effect" is how big your damage is (so in the above example Wolverine if he rolled 8, 9, 5 on the d10s and 4 on the d8, he'd want to use the 8 and 9 as his roll, and the 5 for the damage, meaning he does a d10 damage (not 5, but d10), which is pretty big).

At least I think so. Did I say that right?

IC: Iron man knocks the Hydra agents around, but they're combat ready and up to the challenge.

Spiderman is up!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"YAR! This ship be in bad shape, mateys!" Spider-Man drawls as he lands gracefully on-deck. Flipping his wrist, he looses a line to try and snag one of the attackers from his sled.

[sblock=OOC]So, as I understand it: Team d6, distinction (Wisecracker) d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Weapon d8, Combat d8, and I threw in a d6 for SFX grapple and I get to step up an effect die by +1.

So, I would take the 9 and 8 for 17, then take the next highest for my effect. But I get to step up that effect die by +1. Should I re-roll it, or should I have stepped up the die to d10 before I rolled it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
few things:
the effect dice doesn't matter what number you rolled, just the size of the dice itself. The sizing up happens after you pick which die you're using for effect.
The effect die isn't based off what you rolled, you just use basically the largest die TYPE that wasn't used for your total.
In some cases you may wish to take a lower total to get a larger effect.
EX: I roll 2d10 1d8 and 1d6, getting 7, 8, 4, and 5 respectively.
My choices are to use the 7 and 8 for a 15 total, and have the d8 as my effect, or use the 8 and 5, for only a 13 total but giving me a d10 effect.

Effect die is not rolled right away, it's mostly a threshold/placeholder, and can be used In a dice Pool against the affected person whenever the type if effect it represents could work against them.

EX:if you inflicted a d10 grapple on your target, whenever anybody did an action against him which would be aided by the fact that he's grappled, they would be able to add that d10 to their pool.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Well i can't see what your individual numbers are, but yes that would be one way. Or you could take the d10 (up'd to a d12 for the sfx) as effect and use a lesser total.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I think u only get either rflexes or webbing unless u spend your pp to add a die. Also u can use any dice u want for result not just highest.

Then I should roll bad guys dice to resist, or the doom pool, which btw is slightly bigger thanks to any dice rolled 1 by u folks.

How many agents u hitting? Just one?

Sry for phone spelling.

Internet issues still unsolved. Will attempt tonight.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using Tapatalk

Remove ads