• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Gomez

First Post
Gomez said:
E.G.

The next day you go down to the offices of the Pillar/Reposte newspaper. You have a friend down there who is a news editor, George Blank. He rises from his chair as you enter his cluttered office. "Why E.G.! What brings you down to the Pilliar? Did The World fire you? Do you need a job?" He says with a wide grin.

E.G.

E.G. smiles and shakes George's hand. "Nice to see you too George. Still working for this run down rag of a paper?" George snorts at this with a short laugh. "Sit down E.G. and take a load off. Care for a cigar? Their Cuban." E.G. and George sit and smoke the cigars and get caught up on each other's lives since they last spoke. Finally E.G. asks about the Carlyle Expedition.

"Humm, yep, I remember it. Five years back or so. I was running the international desk at the time."...."No, we didn't trim the stories at all. We got most of them over the news wire, Rutgers and the like. The ones we did write were just some short burbs with no really indept story behind them. I think someone on the paper tried to interview Erica Carlyle but she wouldn't talk to the papers at all"

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
William sets down the phone receiver for a moment, then picks it back up and dials Miriam's number, then Charles', then Shellenback's. Receiving no answer at any of them, he calls the other of their number, Father O'Malley. "Good evening to you, Father. I heard from Gloria Goldman, an acquaintance of mine familiar with high society. According to her, that black woman involved with Carlyle was some sort of poetess. I believe she died in Africa with the others."

yangnome

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
William sets down the phone receiver for a moment, then picks it back up and dials Miriam's number, then Charles', then Shellenback's. Receiving no answer at any of them, he calls the other of their number, Father O'Malley. "Good evening to you, Father. I heard from Gloria Goldman, an acquaintance of mine familiar with high society. According to her, that black woman involved with Carlyle was some sort of poetess. I believe she died in Africa with the others."
Fatehr O'Malley hangs up the phone after speaking to...no listening to Jackson. He stood at teh phone for a moment or two, trying to put the pieces togetehr in his head. He was worried about his friend, he had sounded pretty upset on the phone. He then crossed his chest and said a quick prayer for Jackson, beseaching the Lord to keep him safe.

He nearly jumped ot of his skin when the phone rang again. A moment later, he picked up the phone reciever and spoke into it, "St Francis', this is Father O'Malley."

" Oh, Andrew, its you. " Fatehr O'Malley sounded a bit relieved to hear his friend's voice. It was only a moment though before his thoughts slipped back to Jackson. He continued to speak with Andrew, but his manner of conversation seemed as if his thoughts were elsewhere.

"Oh, really?"

"She died with them?"

"OK, I see."

"Has anyone else turned up anything"

"Oh, you haven't been able to reach them?"

"Listen, what are you doing tomorrow evening?"

"Do you think you can cancel your plans?"

"Great, meet me and the others in the lobby of the Chelsea Hotel, at 645PM."

"No, I'd prefer not to go into detail right now. You'll see once we get there."

"No, I haven't touched bases with teh others either. I'll contact them though, just make sure you're there.."

"Right, see you then."

After Father O'Malley hangs up with Andrew, he then calls the others and gives them the same information.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gomez said:
Miriam arrives later that night at Ricco's speakeasy on the lower east side. The outside is just a plain door down a short flight of stairs. Though men and women in stylish evening dress are seen entering and exiting. Knocking on the door a eye level slit is opened and a pair of eyes looks you over for a second. Then the door opens to the sound of jazz and conversation. As your enter, you step into a art deco decorated night club. A jazz band plays in the background as young gentlemen and ladies swing on the dance floor. Crowded tables fill the rest of the club. Off to the side a bar is doing brisk business. A pretty coat check girl takes your fur coat and a man in a black suit, perfectly styled hair, and a thin mustache comes up to you. "Welcome to Ricco's, madam. I believe I have a table open. Would you follow me." he says in a slick italian accent. As Miriam is about to respond, she sees Charles wave to her from a table off to the side of the room.
"That's quite all right, I do believe I see my friend over there," she says politely, and goes to sit by Charles. "My dear boy, this place is rather something, isn't it?"

*Miriam sips mostly at strong tea and water, enjoying the jazz and keeping her eyes peeled for her quarry.*

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"That's quite all right, I do believe I see my friend over there," she says politely, and goes to sit by Charles. "My dear boy, this place is rather something, isn't it?"

*Miriam sips mostly at strong tea and water, enjoying the jazz and keeping her eyes peeled for her quarry.*

Charles points over to a large group of people at a far table. "She's over there Miriam. I saw her come in with that group. She is the pretty blonde on the end."

Terry25.jpg

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gomez said:
Charles points over to a large group of people at a far table. "She's over there Miriam. I saw her come in with that group. She is the pretty blonde on the end."
"Well, time to plant the seeds," Miriam says cryptically, rising out of her seat. She walks slowly over near Erica Carlyle's table, her eyes mostly on the other end of the room as if she's going somewhere else. As she comes near, her eyes "coincidentally" come to rest on Erica, and Miriam puts an expression of surprise on her face.

"Erica Carlyle? Heavens, certainly didn't expect to run into anyone so well-known tonight! I was a bit of an admirer of your brother, don't you know. I'm Miriam LeGou, and I must say, that is simply a gorgeous fur you're wearing. Where did you get it?" Miriam says with a bright smile, speaking purely woman to woman.

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Erica Carlyle? Heavens, certainly didn't expect to run into anyone so well-known tonight! I was a bit of an admirer of your brother, don't you know. I'm Miriam LeGou, and I must say, that is simply a gorgeous fur you're wearing. Where did you get it?" Miriam says with a bright smile, speaking purely woman to woman.

The blonde woman looks up at you with a quizzical look on her face. Though you detect a slight frown at the mention of her brother. Her hand goes to her luxurious fur coat. "I got it in Paris. Mrs. LeGou, at Gathier’s Furriers ." He looks you over slowly. "Do I know you Mrs. LeGou?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
William hangs up with the Father, a bit puzzled by the hurried instructions he gave. However, he shrugs it off, makes note of the date and time on a pad of paper by the telephone, and walks into his "study" -- a spare bedroom piled high with books. He settles down, lights a cigar, and begins typing away into the night. He occasionally pauses to consult a book, eventually retiring for the night. He will then meet the Father tomorrow evening.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Miriam LeGou

Gomez said:
The blonde woman looks up at you with a quizzical look on her face. Though you detect a slight frown at the mention of her brother. Her hand goes to her luxurious fur coat. "I got it in Paris. Mrs. LeGou, at Gathier’s Furriers ." She looks you over slowly. "Do I know you Mrs. LeGou?"
"I'm afraid not, I don't think you and I move in the same social circles a great deal. Unless you've ever had dealings with the Spiritualist Society, that is. I'm a rather prominent member there, so if you're ever in need of a reading, just mention my name dear. I'd be happy to do a free sample reading for such a fine member of society," Miriam says with a bright smile.

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"I'm afraid not, I don't think you and I move in the same social circles a great deal. Unless you've ever had dealings with the Spiritualist Society, that is. I'm a rather prominent member there, so if you're ever in need of a reading, just mention my name dear. I'd be happy to do a free sample reading for such a fine member of society," Miriam says with a bright smile.

Miss Carlyle shakes her head slightly and gives Miriam a brief smile. "I am sorry Mrs. LeGou, I don't have the time or inclination for such things. I have not believed in ghosts or spirits since I was a small child."

One of Miss Carlyle's companions at the table speaks up. "Oh, Erica! Give it a try! It would be so fun. Don't you think?" The rest of the people at the table voice their agreement.

"Well, if you put it that way. I guess I could do it for a lark!" Miss Carlyle then speaks to Miriam. "But if you think your going to get any money out of me your very mistaken. Lets get a chair for Mrs. LeGou."

Last edited:

Remove ads