Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

Insight

Adventurer
Tanus smiles. "It has been too long for some of us..." He looks into his worn pack. "I think I have pretty much everything I need. I suppose the rest of you should get light sources. I won't need one of course."

"A trip to the merchant quarter is in order then," he added.

Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
Tanus the Salient brokered a wry smile at Vandon's question. "From Mordenkainen's words, one can only gather that this scrap of parchment is a map to Maure Castle itself." The burglar-turned-monk took up the drawing and examined it silently for a moment. "Yes... and this key... will allow us inside the dungeon itself. Given my skills, I'm certain that I..." He stopped and thought for a moment. "We'd better use the key, just in case." He smiled and gave the key to Vandon.

OOC: The flavor text didn't specifically state the area of the map. If my assumption is wrong, I can reword my post.

The parchment scrap depicts a crude map of the plains between the Nyr Dyv and the Abbor-Alz mountains. Maure Castle itself is shown on the outskirts of the Duchy of Urnst, but your destination, it seems, is a spot marked with an 'X' about a mile west of the actual castle. Helpfully scrawled below the 'X' are the words 'The Way Down'.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
OOC: Please detail any specific purchases or preparations you'd like to make before departing for the dungeon (beyond what is already on your character sheets). Obviously, in the Free City of Greyhawk, you can easily obtain access to just about any goods or services you wish.

-Heinz

Voadam

Legend
Vandon clenches his fist and a twelve inch spike of purple energy erupts from his gauntlet. His brow furrows and more crackling energy pours out to sheathe the mind blade with additional psychic power. With a flicking gesture of his hand the blade disappears.

"Unless we need more camping gear or food I am ready. My haversack can hold more equipment or loot if we need though."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Silence nods, and shoulders her own pack. She'll follow the holder of the map, her own skills better suited to being in the middle of the party rather than the front.*

Krauss von Espy

First Post
At the Doorstep

(OOC: By popular demand, we'll fast-forward a bit, to the arrival at the entrance to the dungeon!)

IC:

It only takes a short time for the party to gather their belongings and make ready to set out for the 'X' indicated on Mordenkainen's map. The trek through the marshy fens and tumbling Cairn Hills southeast of the Free City is remarkably free of incident. So it is that, after three days' uneventful journey, the adventurers are perhaps grateful to have found the brush-covered, downward-slanting passage, right where the map indicated it should be. In the glow of the setting sun, its dark ingress beckons menacingly.

Things should get much more interesting now.....:]

Actions?

OOC: Let's establish a general marching order, as well as plans for the provision of light (including radius of illumination). As a general rule, if anybody wants to use any buffs (beyond the stats already indicated on your character sheet), please include some reminder in your subsequent posts...in your signature, for example, would be fine.

Thanks,
Heinz

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Silence will go to the middle of the party, carrying her mace in one hand. It can produce daylight at will, and should give plenty of illumination for all.*

JimAde

First Post
"Right," Martan says, rubbing his hands together. "Let's get started. Who's got the key?" he asks as he extends his left hand in a fist. A faint reddish disk flickers into being in the air above his knuckles.

[OOC: Just activating the shield ring. AC on character sheet includes it.]

Remove ads