• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
Tanus glances towards the others upon examining the entrance. "Looks pretty safe," he whispers. "Danger could be right inside, however. How about I go down and take a look?" Reaching into his adbomen, the rogue-turned-monk draws a spool of strong rope from the magical pouch there. What would have looked quite unnatural to the uninitiated does not even phase Tanus' companions.

"Someone want to hold this while I climb down?" he asks, looking directly at Vandon as he does.

Tanus passes through the opening of the tunnel, and melts into the darkness.

[sblock]After proceeding eastward for about ten minutes along the downward-sloping passage, the floor levels out and Tanus comes at last to a T intersection, with a short hallway continuing to the north (it stops after 10 feet in a dead end) and another leading south into darkness. Here, the floor is smooth-hewn granite, lightly covered with a layer of dust.

A large eight-pointed star design has been chiseled into the stone floor at the intersection. The points of the star are entirely cleaned out, as if something is meant to be inset into the shallow depressions.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Entrance.JPG
    Entrance.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
Vandon's blade disappears and he takes the rope. With a kick he activates the magic of his boots to provide levitation magic to aid him in acting as an anchor.

OOC: A bit of a moot point, but I would think that levitating would actually hinder one's stability when trying to anchor a rope (based on the description of the spell).

Just my $.02, don't mind me.....;)

-Heinz

JimAde

First Post
After a very short time, Martan begins to tap his foot in impatience. "Come on," he mutters, "what's taking so long?"

[OOC: Just a little impulsive, I think...]

Insight

Adventurer
Tanus cautiously approaches the slot on the wall and, after checking down both side passages, waves the others forward. As he does, Tanus carefully checks out the unusual eight-pointed star slot set into the wall.

Voadam

Legend
Krauss von Espy said:
OOC: A bit of a moot point, but I would think that levitating would actually hinder one's stability when trying to anchor a rope (based on the description of the spell).

Just my $.02, don't mind me.....;)

-Heinz

Vandon deactivates his boots and follows, reactivating his mindblade when he gives back the rope.

JimAde

First Post
Martan strides off at Tanus' signal. "Ok," he mutters, "let's get this show on the road." As he comes abreast of the odd he peers at it curiously. "What do you make of that," he asks the Tiefling.

Insight

Adventurer
Krauss von Espy said:
OOC: I feel I should point out that Silence's mace, with the Daylight spell activated, will illuminate a 60' radius brightly, and a further 60' dimly. So, if Tanus is within 30' of the others, he will still be bathed in a bright light, akin to the light of a sunny day. This may change your SOP.

-Heinz

Well, 60' is kind of far ahead, but I can do it if there's no other way to avoid that light. maybe if Silence is at the very back of the other three, they will all be lit, but Tanus could be say 40' ahead and be in shadows. Tanus can go 60' ahead if it's absolutely necessary - after all, it would only be a move action for him to get back to the group :lol:

JimAde

First Post
Martan taps his cousin on the shoulder and says, "Silence, it seems our stealthy friend is uncomfortable with the bright light you are providing. Let's try something a little more subdued." With an excessive flourish he reaches into the bag slung over his shoulder and withdraws a flaming torch. "Does that better suit the mood?"

[ooc: I bought some everburning torches, just in case... :)]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Silence shrugs and douses the mace. She had one of those fancy torches too, but if Martan was going to be the gallant one, there was no reason to stop him.*

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
Tanus cautiously approaches the slot on the wall and, after checking down both side passages, waves the others forward. As he does, Tanus carefully checks out the unusual eight-pointed star slot set into the wall.

JimAde said:
Martan strides off at Tanus' signal. "Ok," he mutters, "let's get this show on the road." As he comes abreast of the odd he peers at it curiously. "What do you make of that," he asks the Tiefling.

OOC: The star shaped carving is actually on the floor at the intersection, not on the wall. The body of the star itself isn't really deep enough to called a 'slot', but there are depressions at each of its eight points, where a small triangular item (maybe the size of a halfling's hand) could be inserted. No other unusual properties are evident upon casual inspection.

I've noted the party's new light source (Everburning Torch, clear illumination to 20', shadowy illumination to 40'). How do you wish to proceed?

Remove ads