• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

Insight

Adventurer
Tanus scampers down the indicated passageway, mindful of the new light radius being generated by the everburning torch in the spellcaster's possession. He tries to be as quiet as possible, and to keep an eye out for details that may prove telling in regards to traps and possible ambushes.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
The passage extends southward for 100', then opens into an empty 30'x20' room that is dominated by a pair of massive doors on the southern wall, each 4 feet wide, and made of iron and wood. The doors and floor in front of them are scraped and scratched, as if someone had unsuccessfully tried to force them open. It seems that they open inward, but even this is debatable.

Attachments

• The Unopenable Doors.JPG
    The Unopenable Doors.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Krauss von Espy said:
The passage extends southward for 100', then opens into an empty 30'x20' room that is dominated by a pair of massive doors on the southern wall, each 4 feet wide, and made of iron and wood. The doors and floor in front of them are scraped and scratched, as if someone had unsuccessfully tried to force them open. It seems that they open inward, but even this is debatable.

Tanus moves cautiously into the room, beckoning the others forward. When satisfied that the room itself is safe, the Tiefling carefully approaches the doors, looking for a keyhole, or any other items of interest.

JimAde

First Post
Martan also peruses the doors from the end of the hallway, trying to discern if there are any magical auras around or behind them. "I assume this is where we need the key," he says.

[OOC: If Detect Magic is not still up, I'll cast it again.]

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
Tanus moves cautiously into the room, beckoning the others forward. When satisfied that the room itself is safe, the Tiefling carefully approaches the doors, looking for a keyhole, or any other items of interest.

[Search Check 7+10=17] Tanus looks around, and is satisfied that the room holds no hidden dangers. The doors are massive, solid, and look very old. There is no sign of a keyhole, knob, handle, or any other obvious means of opening them. [Search Check 15+10=25] There is no sign of any trap or danger on the doors.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
Martan also peruses the doors from the end of the hallway, trying to discern if there are any magical auras around or behind them. "I assume this is where we need the key," he says.

[OOC: If Detect Magic is not still up, I'll cast it again.]

OOC: The initial Detect Magic spell has faded, so Martan casts it once more.

IC: Martan senses extremely powerful magic at work in the doors.

Voadam

Legend
"Maybe the keyhole will appear only if the key is presented at the door? Dam wizards, lots of babble but forgets details like the secret trick of using the magic key."

JimAde

First Post
"Well, there's definitely some serious spells on the doors," Martan says. He strolls across the room to examine the doors more closely. He makes a quick pass with his hand then says, "Hold this and follow me." He releases the torch into the air, where it bobs for a moment then follows him as he paces back and forth before the doors squinting at them from every angle.

[OOC: Taking full time with Detect Magic to learn anything I can about the spells in question. Trying to determine what school(s) of magic are involved and the power level (moderate, strong, etc.). Also whether there are any magic auras behind the doors.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads