• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

Krauss von Espy

First Post
OOC: After going back and re-reading the earliest posts, it seems that Tanus gave the key to Sir Vandon to bear, so its use lies in your hands, Voadam.

-Heinz

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
[OOC: Taking full time with Detect Magic to learn anything I can about the spells in question. Trying to determine what school(s) of magic are involved and the power level (moderate, strong, etc.). Also whether there are any magic auras behind the doors.]

[Spellcraft Check 14+8=22] Martan senses only the one, very strong aura coming from the doors themselves, nothing else registers as magical either in the room, or on the other side of the doors. He is unsure about the school of magic involved.

JimAde

First Post
Martan shakes his head and gives a low whistle. "I've never seen anything quite like this. Whatever spells are on these doors are, I think, beyond my skill to overcome. I could try to banish the magics, but to be honest I don't hold out a lot of hope that I would succeed."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Silence gives the others a look of impatience, then slowly walks over to the doors. Taking her mace, she tries to push open the doors just to see if the solution is very simple.*

Insight

Adventurer
Tanus smiles, backing away from Silence. "Um, I don't think that's such a good..." then winces as she touches the door with her mace. "Your funeral."

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Silence gives the others a look of impatience, then slowly walks over to the doors. Taking her mace, she tries to push open the doors just to see if the solution is very simple.*

The doors don't budge a bit. But, there are no other effects, in spite of Tanus' worries.

Voadam

Legend
Krauss von Espy said:
OOC: After going back and re-reading the earliest posts, it seems that Tanus gave the key to Sir Vandon to bear, so its use lies in your hands, Voadam.

-Heinz
[ooc oops, I didn't remember who had it.]

Sir Vandon dismisses his soulblade and draws forth the key. Walking forward he touches the key to the door.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
At the slightest touch from the Silver Key of Portals, both of the huge doors swing silently inward, beckoning the adventurers onward into the passage beyond.

(OOC: I'll assume the party passes through, for the sake of expediency.)

Stepping through the massive doors (some 2 feet thick!), the party sees that they are in a wide hallway, which narrows some 20' to the west and continues on. To the south, the passage also narrows, and ends in a closed door of oak and iron (though this one of a much more normal size). To the east, the wide passage widens even further, and it looks to give entrance to an immense, wide open chamber. The stone floors are covered with a light layer of dust, and there is a pervasive, lingering silence that suggests that this area has remained undisturbed for quite some time.

After all four adventurers have stepped through, the great doors begin to slowly swing closed once more.

Actions?

Attachments

• Chamber of Offerings.JPG
    Chamber of Offerings.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 84

Remove ads