• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

JimAde

First Post
"Right, then," Martan says, rubbing his hands together briskly. "Let's have a proper look around." He moves to join Tanus on the stairs.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Silence smiles and shakes her head, an impish smile on her face. She wanders over to the raised platform in the southeast. I wonder, is this something as simple as a theater? she thinks idly.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
OOC: I'm moving forward under the assumption that Martan and Tanus are going to explore the western viewing box, while Silence and Vandon go down to examine the raised platform in the south.

IC: Martan and Tanus climb up the stairs onto the viewing stands, and have a look around. It appears that the stands will hold around sixty people, having four booths which look like they will hold fifteen people each. The tiered seats are arranged to offer an unobstructed view of the floor of the hall, 15' below. A thorough look around the stands reveals nothing more than stone and old dust. [Tanus Search Check: Take 10+10=20, Martan Search Check: Take 10+2=12]

Meanwhile, Silence approaches the platform with the statues, while Vandon hovers close behind. With the closer vantage, they see that the fifty-foot by seventy-foot raised area has in fact three statues upon it. Two stand upon platforms raised five feet above the floor (one of which is the aforementioned wizard; the second is an iron statue that depicts a powerful warrior in elaborately carved plate mail armor. The figure wears a slitted helm, and you can just make out a taciturn visage beyond the faceplate. The warrior holds an outthrust longsword in his hands). These human-size statues stand on either side of a set of stairs that leads to an ominously massive iron statue seated upon an impressive granite throne, fifteen feet above. It holds an immense crystal sword in its left hand and a whip of long, broad interwoven feathers in its right hand.

As usual, Vandon concentrates for the presence of evil or golems, and his diligence is rewarded. The two smaller statues do not detect as golems, but the large central statue most certainly does!

Actions?

Attachments

• 062505b.JPG
    062505b.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 062605.JPG
    062605.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Martan takes a tiny bit of something from his pocket and holds it near his mouth. He points in turn at Tanus, Silence and Vandon, then whispers, "Nothing of interest up here. Just a viewing box. Reminds me of a theater or gladiatorial arena. Strange."

All three of his companions hear his whisper clearly.

[OOC: Message spell. For the next 2 hours all three will be able to hear Martan's whispers as long as they are within 220 ft.]

Voadam

Legend
"The central statue is a golem. I think I should smash it before it activates and attacks us. With my amulet my mindblade can affect it."

JimAde

First Post
Martan's eyebrows shoot up in surprise at this news and he quickly relays it to Tanus. Then he whispers, "Wait for us, we'll be right there." He runs back down the stairs to get closer to Vandon and Silence.

[OOC: I want to get Martan within 50 feet of Silence and Vandon (so that close-range spells can be used).]

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
Martan's eyebrows shoot up in surprise at this news and he quickly relays it to Tanus. Then he whispers, "Wait for us, we'll be right there." He runs back down the stairs to get closer to Vandon and Silence.

[OOC: I want to get Martan within 50 feet of Silence and Vandon (so that close-range spells can be used).]

OOC: Presumably, Tanus will also accompany Martan to the floor of the main hall, and position himself for the inevitable combat to come. The golem has not yet activated, and I'm assuming you all will launch a pre-emptive strike. We'll consider that a surprise round, so I'll need your positions and actions for that round.

Furthermore, I have a proposal, as Insight has indicated he may not be able to post much for the next couple of weeks. I think it might be best if one of his fellow players NPC's his character during his absence (in combat situations), rather than having me do it. My first choice would be Voadam, as the player of his melee tag-team partner, Vandon.

What do you all think? (Insight, if you happen to catch this, please let us know if this arrangement would be acceptable to you).

Remove ads