Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
"Actually Silence I'd like to start off right next to it. My amulet allows me to strike and ignore the magical defenses of golems, I'd like to be in range to pound it repeatedly without having to close with it and get swatted for doing so. Besides, does fire work against stone? Tanus, I'd suggest you flank and just work really hard not to get hit unless you can break through stone with your fists, after all I don't think it has any vulnerable stone organs for you to strike" [ooc do you have adamant ki strike?]

I think it might be helpful to post an initiative order for the surprise round. Here it is...

1. Tanus 20+6=26
2. Vandon 19+1=20
3. Martan 10+4=14
4. Silence 7-1=6

Isida: Based on this order, and Vandon's request (above), will Silence still cast her spell, or change tactics?

Insight

Adventurer
If you guys need to cast area effect spells on the golem, don't worry about Tanus. His Reflex save is absolutely VILE (+19!)

Krauss von Espy

First Post
With strategy determined, and positions ready, the party launches their assault!

Tanus strikes first, from a flanking position with Vandon. (One attack, since it's a surprise round). His blow misses, unable to penetrate the golem's hide.

Vandon strikes next, with his mindblade. His atack strikes true, and he expends his psionic focus to inflict the most damage he can. Thanks to his scarab, the golem receives the full damage of the attack (24 damage).

Martan casts a spell, affecting the entire party with the benefit of magical speed.

Silence casts a spell, benefitting the entire party with fast healing.

End surprise round.
---------------------------------
Tanus Attack Roll: 9+11+2(Flanking)=20, Miss!

Vandon Attack Roll: 13+19+2(Flanking)=34, Hit. Damage Roll 1+8=9 plus Greater Psionic Weapon, 4d6=15, 24 Total)

Martan casts Haste.

Silence casts silent Mass Lesser Vigor.
-----------------------------------
Next Initiative Order:
1.Tanus
2.Vandon
3.Martan
4.Golem
5.Silence

Actions?

Attachments

• 0629.JPG
    0629.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Martan slowly pulls back his right hand as he intones arcane words of power. Fat blue sparks rain down as a ball of caged lightning grows in his palm. When it reaches the size of a goblin's skull and threatens to topple from his grasp, he heaves it at the golem with a grunt of effort.

[OOC: Empowered Orb of Electricity (6th level slot). +10 ranged Touch attack, 13d6 * 1.5 damage if I hit. No save or SR. I had actually hoped to caste haste in the round before, then cast the attack spell in the surprise round, but no big deal. We'll end up with an extra round of Haste effect during the combat this way.]

Insight

Adventurer
"This living statue... seems impervious to my attacks," Tanus says begrudgingly. "Perhaps some additional magical aid might be in order."

OOC: Tanus will continue to melee attack, flurrying from now on since he doesn't need to move. Dump 2 pts from attack into AC (Combat Expertise) just to be on the safe side.

With the Haste and Combat Expertise in effect, here are Tanus' mods:
Flurry of Blows: +9/+9/+9/+4 for 2d8+4. If he still gets Flanking, the bonuses are +11/+11/+11/+6.
AC is now 28.

Voadam

Legend
Vandon does not even speak as he lashes out at the golem quickly attempting to bring it down as fast as possible.

[ooc full attack]

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Just as an aside, I can't promise I'll be able to post anytime after tonight until July 5. Feel free to NPC Tanus any time from tomorrow (June 30) to Tuesday of next week if need be.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Round 1:

Tanus launches his flurry of blows at the golem, striking four times thanks to Martan's magical speed enhancement. Unfortunately, not one of his strikes is able to harm the golem; its exterior is just too strong.

Vandon strikes repeatedly with his mindblade, landing two blows which cause further harm to the golem (21 damage).

Martan launches his Orb of Electricity, and it strikes true, sending showers of sparks arcing across the construct's iron surface. Strangely, it doesn't seem that the golem has been harmed by the orb, but its movements now are noticeably slower.

The golem now has risen to its feet, and, slowed by Martan's spell attack, ponderously raises its sword for a single strike at Vandon. The blow strikes true, wounding Vandon (19 damage). The warrior also feels the blade's poison(!) working through his system, but he is able to shrug off the effects for now.

Silence casts prayer, filling the adventurers with the benefit of her faith in Pelor. The iron golem seems indifferent to the spell.

All PCs regain 1 hp due to Silence's Mass Lesser Vigor spell (hp Totals: Silence 63/74, Vandon 100/125, Martan 46/61, Tanus 64/64).

End round 1, Actions for Round 2?

(OOC: If Insight is not able to respond for the next few days, I'd be happy to accept ideas from the rest of you far Tanus' combat actions. Otherwise, he'll continue to make melee attacks...but, as you've seen, that hasn't been very effective so far.)

----------------------
Tanus: 4 attacks w/ Flurry of Blows (+11/+11/+11/+6, incl. Flanking bonus, Haste bonus, Combat Expertise penalty); Roll 13,1,10,10; Totals: 24(Miss), Auto Miss, 21(Miss), 16(Miss).

Vandon: Full Attack (+22/+22/+7, incl. Flanking bonus, Haste bonus); Roll 20,18,10; Totals: Auto Hit (constructs immune to critical hits), 40(Hit), 17(Miss). Damage Rolls: 4+8, 1+8 = 21 Total.

Martan casts Empowered Orb of Electricity (+7 ranged touch incl. Haste bonus, Firing into Melee penalty); Roll 20; Auto Hit. Golem takes no damage, but is slowed.

Golem attacks Vandon: Roll 5 vs. AC 28 (incl. Vandon's Haste bonus); Hit! (incl. Slow penalty); Damage Total = 19; Vandon initial FORT Save vs. Poison, Roll 10+14=24 (Succeeds).

Silence casts Prayer (PCs gain bonuses, but golem not subject to penalties).

Last edited:

Remove ads