• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle

Jemal

Adventurer
I must admit, I can't tell - are you trying to provoke me, or do you just have a very badly formed sense of humour?

-SIN-

First Post
Jemal said:
I must admit, I can't tell - are you trying to provoke me, or do you just have a very badly formed sense of humour?

Not trying to provoke you. Sorry for any offence caused. Just getting impatient waiting to start the game!! (Not trying to provoke you either Airwalkrr!!)

Jemal

Adventurer
I apologize for reacting so harshly, but A) I don't like people reading Private conversations, and B) As you should have been able to tell FROM reading said private conversation, your use of the name in an insulting manner hits a nerve.

And just for the record, my name isn't Michael.

-SIN-

First Post
Jemal said:
I apologize for reacting so harshly, but A) I don't like people reading Private conversations, and B) As you should have been able to tell FROM reading said private conversation, your use of the name in an insulting manner hits a nerve.

And just for the record, my name isn't Michael.

I apologise again for reading the 'private' message - I'm new to these boards (Wha-heey, Post 22!!). My experience on other boards is that anything posted on the public forums is for the public's viewing, and that private messages are sent via the Private Message facility (Although I can't seem to do that on these here boards? email's ok, but can't PM?). I shall refrain from such habits as of now.

I hazard'd a guess that your name wasn't Michael. I was truly just having some harmless fun, though I never expected you to recieve the playful jibe so personally. Either way, it's my fault. And just for the record - you're right, not all heros are a Legolas or Aragorn - a classic example would be our nottinghams finest, ROBIN HOOD!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ok kids, let's play nice. :)

Seriously, I do not wish to have to deal with personality problems. This is a game after all. It's supposed to be fun.

-SIN-, as you have already figured out, reading a post in a spoiler block (aka sblock) is considered bad form in the event that it is indicated for one poster in particular. I will regularly use them to communicate private information to players since ENWorld does not have a free PM service. It is expected that players do not read sblocks unless their character name or screen name is listed in the sblock header.

Jemal, name-calling is entirely inappropriate. Please control your temper from now on.

Thank you both for apologizing to each other. Hopefully now we can move forward. This is gonna be a busy week for me so I will probably start the adventure on Friday.

Jemal

Adventurer
I think we're all good now, just another misunderstanding in the wonderful online world.

Good thing we don't have swords, or that snake in the grass could really start something.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
hehe, maybe we should start instituting a policy of "attitude" bars in each post so that we'll know when we need to use a diplomacy roll to help influence the attitude of our fellow posters? :)

Example said:
Salthorae-
Attitude:Joking
"blah blah blah"

Airwalkrr-
Attitude:Incensed
"grr"

Salthorae-
Attitude:Apologetic
" :\ "
Makes diplomacy check (d20+5)->25

Airwalkrr-
Attitude:Indifferent
"moving on"...
[sblock=Airwalkrr]PS - Did you see my questions re: animal companion?[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Salthorae]The warhorse is not on the animal companion list probably because it is not a wild animal. The flavor of the animal companion rules indicates the druid/ranger takes it from the wild. So no, you will not be able to have a warhorse as an animal companion (or a riding dog trained for war for that matter).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
airwalkrr said:
[sblock=Salthorae]The warhorse is not on the animal companion list probably because it is not a wild animal. The flavor of the animal companion rules indicates the druid/ranger takes it from the wild. So no, you will not be able to have a warhorse as an animal companion (or a riding dog trained for war for that matter).[/sblock]

[sblock=airwalkrr]Okay, changed it to a Black Bear[/sblock]

Remove ads