• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=airwalkrr]

Perform is not a class skill for sorcerers unless I am missing something.
oops.

How do you get +5 with no ranks? Your Wisdom is only a 12 and even with the Alertness feat as a bonus from the familiar that only brings you to +3.

The character originally had a 16 wis on the first run-through, i must've not changed everything.

The item that grants a bonus to Constitution is an amulet of health. (snip) *No to Vest of Resistance*

AH, so I take it you'll be axing the body slot affinities (DMG page 288)? You may want to point that out to people then. I usually assume that if a rule isn't Optional that it's allowed unless stated otherwise.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jemal said:
Too much? Damn, that passes on the low end for most of the characters I see..

No worries, I'll think up something else and throw it out there to see what Airwalkrr thinks :) I'll probably go more straight melee with a little ranged thrown in there.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=airwalkrr]
BTW, I noticed that I seem to be disagreeing with you on a lot of things, it's nothing against you, I just am very opinionated and like sharing my opinion. Please don't take it the wrong way, and if you do have a problem, just tell me and we'll work it out, k?
[/sblock]

Imerak

First Post
Sorry about the delay, but I've been busier than I thought I would be lately.

[sblock]Mellena Brach
Female Human Wizard 7/Loremaster 5

STR 10
DEX 16 (14)
CON 12
INT 23 (19)
WIS 12
CHA 7

HP 36/36
AC 22 (touch 14, flat-footed 18)
BAB +5 (melee +6, ranged +7, grapple +5)
Init +3
Fort +4
Ref +6
Will +10
AL LN

Skills:
Knowledge (arcane) +23
Knowledge (history) +21
Knowledge (the planes) +21
Spellcraft +21
Concentration +16
Alchemy +21
Decipher Script +11
Gather Information +3
Use Magic Device +2

Feats/Special Abilities:
Scribe Scroll
Expertise
Skill Focus (Knowledge(arcane))
Brew Potion
Still Spell
Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Maximise Spell
Spell Penetration
Greater Lore
Secret Health
Weapon Trick
Dodge Trick

Languages:
Common
Draconic
Elven
Dwarvish
Celestial

Spellbook:
cantrips - all
1rst - magic missile, shield, identify, reduce, alarm, feather fall, sleep, charm person
2nd - acid arrow, locate object, invisibility, knock, blindness/deafness, cat's grace
3rd - fireball, flight, tongues, haste, dispel magic, gaseous form
4th - scrying, polymorph, wall of fire,
5th - cone of cold, baleful polymorph, dominate person, dismissal
6th - disintegrate, globe of invulnerability, legend lore, true seeing

Items:
Amulet of Natural Armor +4
Bracers of Armor +4
Headband of Intellect +4
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Wand of Fireball
Ring of Sustenance
4 potions of cure moderate wounds
10 potions of cure light wounds
Scrolls of animate rope, grease, detect secret doors, jump, Nyutsul's magic aura, Tenser's floating disk, unsen servant, reduce person, gust of wind, protection from arrows, whispering wind, clairaudience/clairvoyance, Leomund's tiny hut, speak with animals, dimension door, & freedom of movement
225 gp

Appearance:
Mellena normally looks unkept and a bit frazzled. She had shoulder-length brown hair, typically in a ponytail, and a square and pale face. Mellena is thin and light, but normally weighed down by her trademark backpack full of scrolls, one for every occasion. When adventuring, Mellena dresses for it, wearing plain and durable clothing even if it does look somewhat "mannish".

Personality:
Mellena is obsessed with knowledge, and has devoted her life to gathering as much of it as she can. Because of this, she is inquisitive and stubborn, and will not take no for an answer. Normally this takes the form of books and scrolls, which she has an extensive collection of, maintaining a library in her home village. Mellena will literally go to the ends of the earth for an interesting book. She is interested in observing others, and as such is normally as quiet and unobtrusive as possible, preferring not to get involved in conversations. This results in her having very little social skills or force of personality. Mellena genuinely has good intentions, believing that once she understands how the world works she can help it, but oftentimes the means get ahead of the end.

Backround:
Mellena read her first book, a storybook passed down through the family, when she was five. She was instantly hooked, and throughout her childhood constantly tried to learn more information. After exhausting every opportunity in miles, including a mage's college, Mellena refused to call it a day -- she wanted to find ancient knowledge, knowledge that was lost to people or was inaccessible. However, she was rapidly running out of money. She filled both needs by joining up with a group of treasure-hunting adventurers. The business of adventuring has taken her to many ruined keeps and tombs, which she has searched high and low for lost knowledge. Mellena even opened a library in her home town, a small river town named Penbrook, to hold all of her tomes.[/sblock]

Edit: Is done now, and fixed a couple things.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]
Jemal said:
AH, so I take it you'll be axing the body slot affinities (DMG page 288)? You may want to point that out to people then. I usually assume that if a rule isn't Optional that it's allowed unless stated otherwise.

Look, I don't know what kind of games you are used to playing, but this DM does not appreciate snide comments and attempts by players to bully him around. I may be misinterpreting your tone (which happens on the internet), and if so I apologize, but it is absolutely unacceptable for you to insult my intelligence in this way. I am more than familiar with the rules. If you disagree with the way the core rules work, then you may change it when you are running the campaign. Changing the way a core item works is an Optional rule and requires no clarification. And rather than arguing with me, you should accept it an move on.

Sharing your opinion is fine. But several of your posts have had a rude tone, and as a DM I do not put up with it.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Imerak]It looks good so far, though it seems like you have the minimum number of spells known in your spellbook. You may wish to scribe some of those scrolls into your spellbook first. As per the core rules, you may do so at the cost of 100 gp per spell level. I.e. scribing a scroll of dimension door into your spellbook would cost 400 gp. One other thing. Could you list which abilities you gain from loremaster? I do not know which ones you selected.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ok, the party is assembled.

Steve Gorak - Gimlak, male dwarf cleric/thaumaturgist
-Sin- - Haradras, male halfling monk/rogue
Jemal - Kiera, female human sorcerer
Imerak - Mellena, female human wizard/loremaster

Looks like an interesting group.

Salthorae: I will let you join if you can get me a character within 48 hours. Regarding multiclassing, two classes is usually more than enough. I will only allow three if the concept requires it (such as fighter/wizard/eldritch knight).

-SIN-

First Post
Appearance, Personality & Background:

Haradras tries to project his purity of body and mind through his external appearance, always clean shaven, neat and carrying minimal supplies for the job at hand, and wearing only plain garments. He will usually try to remain somewhat 'hidden' where ever he goes, allowing him to evaluate a situation fully before dedicating himself to any particular action, or even pass by un-noticed. He has an uncanny love for life, knowledge and travelling, causing Haradras to be somewhat 'full of beans' to the extent that he's usually the first riser and last to sleep, preferring to utilise every second. Haradras has few regrets, besides those of his youth (spent thieving), although he has found a positive way of using the skills he picked up in his less glorious past. One particular encounter of note was an attempt to relieve a passer-by of his money pouch which went wrong. Haradras as a result ended up severly injured & unconscious. Upon awakening he found himself within a monestary, being healed by the man he had tried to pickpocket. Haradras stayed within the monestary for several years as the elder monks student, learning all he could, whilst purging himself of all ill will. Soon after leaving the monestary compound Haradras discovered that by joining an adventuring group, all his needs would be satisfied, and is now an active member in serveral renound adventuring circles and has often teamed up with the same friends.....

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
Ok, the party is assembled.

Steve Gorak - Gimlak, male dwarf cleric/thaumaturgist
-Sin- - Haradras, male halfling monk/rogue
Jemal - Kiera, female human sorcerer
Imerak - Mellena, female human wizard/loremaster

Looks like an interesting group.

FYI, I think I'll increase the number of fighter levels for Gimlak's cohort, since we already have a rogue. I'll do this in the next couple of days.
Cheers,

SG

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
airwalkrr said:
Salthorae: I will let you join if you can get me a character within 48 hours. Regarding multiclassing, two classes is usually more than enough. I will only allow three if the concept requires it (such as fighter/wizard/eldritch knight).

No worries! Here is Talenir Swiftbow

[sblock=Talenir Swiftbow]Talenir Swiftbow
NG Medium Human Ranger 11/Horizon Walker 1
Init: +3; Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Listen +15, Spot +15
Languages: Common, Elven, Giant

AC: 25, touch: 15, flat-footed: 22
HP: 81 (12d8+24)
Resist: Affected by Endure Elements
Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +6

Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee: +1 Keen Rapier +16/+11/+6 (1d6+3/15–20); or
Masterwork Dagger +16/+11/+6 (1d4+2 )
Ranged: +2 Shocking Composite Longbow +17/+12/+7 (1d8+3 and 1d6 electricity); or
Masterwork Dagger +16/+11/+6 (1d4+2 )
Space: 5 ft.; Reach: 5 ft.
Base Atk: +12; Grp +14
Atk Options: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Many Shot, Imp. Precise Shot, Shot on the Run
Spells prepared (CL 5th): 1- Longstrider, Speak with Animals; 2 - Barkskin

Abilities: Str 15, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8
SQ: Favored Enemies (Undead +4, Constructs +4, Outsiders (Evil) +2)*
*Bonus' apply to Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival and all weapon damages
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Dodge, Mobility, Shot on the Run, Weapon Finesse
Bonus Feats: Track, Endurance
Virtual Feats: Rapid Shot, Many Shot, Improved Precise Shot
Skills: Climb +6(+8 with Rope), Craft (Bowmaking) +4, Handle Animal +4, Heal +4, Hide +27, Jump +6, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +7, Knowledge (Geography) +10, Knowledge (Nature) +14, Listen +15, Move Silently +21, Ride +9, Search +15, Spot +15, Survival +15, Swim +5, Use Rope +8
Possessions: +1 keen rapier, MW Dagger, +2 Darkwood Buckler, +3 Silent Moves Mithral Chain Shirt, Ring of Protection +2, Ring of Chameleon Power, Amulet of Health +2, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Boots of the Winterland, Cloak of Resistance +2, Bag of Holding (Type I), Efficient Quiver, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges), Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (x2), Potion of Negate Poison, Dust of Tracelessness (x2), Holy Water (x2), Everbright Stone (as Everburning Torch but on stone)
In Bag of Holding: 50' Silk Rope (x2), Grappling Hook, Bedroll, Tent, Chalk, Torches (x5), Sunrod (x3), Smokestick (x3), Waterskin (x2), Rations (10 days), Twine (10'), 10' Pole, Mirror, Winter Blanket, Fish Hook (x5), Wire, Oil (x5), Flint & Steel, Hammer, Holy Water (x2), Acid (x5), Alchemist Fire (x3), Traveler's Outfit, Portable Ram
In Efficient Quiver: 100 arrows, +2 Shocking Composite (+1 str) Longbow
Remaining Wealth: 93 gp

Favored Enemies (Ex): +4 vs Undead, +4 vs Constructs, +2 vs. Evil Outsiders; Bonuses to Bluff, Listen, Sense Movtive, Spot, Survival and weapon damage rolls
Wild Empathy (Ex): 1d20+12 to effect animals as with a Diplomacy Check
Combat Style (Ex): Virtual Feats: Archery: 2nd Level - Rapid Shot, 6th Level - Manyshot, 11th Level - Improved Precise Shot
Woodland Stride (Ex): Move through undergrowth and normal speed
Swift Tracker (Ex): Track at normal speeds, -10 to Track at Double Speed
Evasion (Ex): Sucessful reflex save for half damage equals no damage.
Animal Companion (Ex):
Black Bear: Link, Share spells, Evasion, 7 Tricks
Terrain Mastery (Ex): Underground - Darkvision 60' & +1 insight bonus to Attack and Damage Rolls vs. creatures with "Underground" in their Environment Entry[/sblock]

[sblock=Animal Friends]Bear, Black
Medium Animal Companion
Init +1; Senses Low-light Vision, Scent., Listen +4, Spot +4

AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 11
HP 19 (3d8+6)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Melee: Claw +6 melee (1d4+6) or Bite +1 melee (1d6+2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk: +2; Grp +6

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
SQ: Low-light vision, Scent, Link, Share Spells, 7 Tricks
Feats: Endurance, Run
Skills: Climb +4, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +8*
*+4 racial bonus on Swim checks

Tricks: Attack, Heel, Guard, Down, Fetch, Come, Defend

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Warhorse, Light
Large Animal
Init +1; Senses Low-light Vision, Scent., Listen +4, Spot +4

AC 14, touch 15, flat-footed 12
HP 22 (3d8+9)
Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2

Speed 60 ft. (12 squares)
Melee: 2 hooves +4 melee (1d4+3) and bite -1 melee (1d3+1)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +2; Grp +9

Abilities: Str 16, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Feats: Endurance, Run
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4[/sblock]

[sblock=Wealth Spent Log]Armor
Chain Shirt 250
+3 9000
Mithral 1000
Silent 3750

Shield
Buckler 165
+2 4000
Dark Wood 40

Weapons
Rapier 320
Keen (+1)
+1
Total: +2 8000

Longbow,
Comp (+1 STR) 500
+2
Shocking (+1)
Total: +3 18000

MW Dagger 302

Ring
Chameleon Pwr 12700
RoP: +2 8000

Misc Items
Amulet Health +2 4000
Gauntlet: Ogre Power 4000
Boots: Winterland 2500
CoR: +2 4000
BoH: I 2500
Efficient Quiver 1800
Dust: Tracelessness (x2) 500
Potion: Neut Poison 750
Potion: CMW (x2) 600
Wand: CLW 750
Everbright stone 110

Mundane Gear 195
Warhorse, Light 150
Military Saddle 20
100 arrows 5

Gold total 88000
Remanining 93
[/sblock]

Let me know what you think... Background to come!

Last edited:

Remove ads