Maure Castle

airwalkrr

Adventurer
250 xp to get a ghaele cohort eh? I find that unlikely given that ghaeles were clearly not intended at PCs or playable characters due to their "--" entry for Level Adjustment. ;)

This brings up two issues that I am happy to address. First of all, cohorts must follow all the same rules as PCs, only they receive half the wealth for their level that a PC would receive. This means (among other things) that they cannot be monsters, they must be of the races listed in the PH. Second of all, regarding XP, you may go into "XP debt" for the purposes of crafting but your level will never be reduced as a result. Also, death causes XP debt equal to your level x 1,000 XP but not level loss. The only thing that can cause level loss is permanent negative levels.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey airwalkrr,

Sorry, I didn't explain myself. I want to know how much xp we have above 12th level for spells & item creation.

BTW a 5th level Thaumathurgist can get a Planar cohort & casting planar ally costs 250 xp.

I still plan on my character being a dwarf.
Cheers,

SG

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
By the way, if you feel that a Ghaele is too powerful (you'd be right to think so ;) I'm open to another "cool and weird" planar cohort. I just liked the idea of a flying ball of light hovering over my character's shoulder, and being able to open a serious can of whoop-ass when necessary.

I'd prefer something that's relatively small, still 10 HD, can stay on my character's shoulder, and can be discrete. I'm open to suggestions that you think won't be game-breaking.

Cheers,

SG

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Steve Gorak said:
Hey airwalkrr,

Sorry, I didn't explain myself. I want to know how much xp we have above 12th level for spells & item creation.

BTW a 5th level Thaumathurgist can get a Planar cohort & casting planar ally costs 250 xp.

I had forgotten you were going to play a thaumaturgist. :) A planar cohort is fine in that case, however, you will need to choose one that has an entry for level adjustment. Also, a ghaele would not make much sense for a lawful neutral character anyway. Might I recommend a hound archon? And since you are not good aligned, a xill or a salamander might work as well. Those are the only ones I saw in the MM that would be appropriate, although you may be free to drop your old cohort and pick up a new one later when you are high enough.

-SIN-

First Post
Is it too late to submit a character?? Please let me know, thanks.

Was thinking of LN Halfling Monk 7/Wizard 5 (or rogue 5, monk 7) if that's ok. I'm still toying with both, so if you've a pref - just say which one....

Kind regards,

-SIN-

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
I had forgotten you were going to play a thaumaturgist. :) A planar cohort is fine in that case, however, you will need to choose one that has an entry for level adjustment. Also, a ghaele would not make much sense for a lawful neutral character anyway. Might I recommend a hound archon? And since you are not good aligned, a xill or a salamander might work as well. Those are the only ones I saw in the MM that would be appropriate, although you may be free to drop your old cohort and pick up a new one later when you are high enough.

OK, to keep things simple, I'll probably go with an Aasimar or thiefling. I'm thinking of either a monk, or thief, depending on what the party needs.

By the way, when is the submittal deadline? I'm facing a few deadlines, so I don't think I can realistically have anything ready before Friday

Cheers,

SG

Jemal

Adventurer
*NOTE : Under construction, have to go, will finish background and post acouple questions later*

Moved To a later post.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Steve Gorak said:
OK, to keep things simple, I'll probably go with an Aasimar or thiefling. I'm thinking of either a monk, or thief, depending on what the party needs.

By the way, when is the submittal deadline? I'm facing a few deadlines, so I don't think I can realistically have anything ready before Friday

Cheers,

SG

I don't do deadlines. RL is stressful enough without people having to worry about something as relaxed as a pbp game. Once you submit a character and I approve it, you are in. Once I have approved four characters, we will begin. It might be two days or two weeks, depending on how quickly I receive acceptable submissions. That said, no one has submitted a character so far, so putting it off until Friday would probably be fine.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Kiera Elzmyr, Human Female Sorc12, also known as the 'silver stream'.

[sblock=Elzmyr info/Questions for DM]
I'm basing this character as the descendant of one of my favourite Sorcerors I ever played,
an Archmage named Dar Elzmyr. The Elzmyr family has always been full of magical power, and it's an accepted (even celebrated) fact that they have an abundance of draconic blood in their veins.
To Be Continued[/sblock]

*NOTE : Under construction, have to go, will finish background and post acouple questions later*

I like the idea. Might I recommend that Kiera be a Suloise human? They are quite a magical subrace of humanity and having an ancestor who was a great mage would make perfect sense.

Remove ads