• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Steve Gorak]You should have 83 hp, not 82.[/sblock]

[sblock=-SIN-]You should have 52 hp, not 48. Everything else looks fine to me so far.[/sblock]

[sblock=Jemal]Suloise is simply a subrace of humanity in Greyhawk. I suggested it for rp purposes. Suloise people are descended from the citizens of the Suel Imperium, who were all but wiped out by the Rain of Colorless Fire by their hated enemies the Baklunish Empire thousands of years ago. The Rain of Colorless Fire was retribution for the Invoked Devastation that the Suloise called down upon the Baklunish Empire during a war that had lasted generations. The surviving Suloise people were led by the archmage Slerotin into the Flanaess where they spread to all corners of the continent. Today, their descendents are known for their irascibility, hot tempers, and powerful magic. Many Suloise favor illusion, enchantment, and necromancy, but their skill with magic is impressive. They typically have blond hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, although very few pure Suel exist today so variations in such tones are common. Optionally, I sometimes allow Suloise characters to have ability score adjustments of +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma (these adjustments may raise a score to 18, but never higher; an adjustment that would lower a score to 3 or less is ignored), but I doubt that would be an attractive option since you would be playing a sorcerer.

The first two abilities you described sound find. The rainbow eyes one I'm not so sure about, just because it seems a little too anime-ish (which Greyhawk is not). I think I would be fine with it if it only applied to the eyes.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have only two definite players thus far, so there is room for two more. The current party:

Steve Gorak - Gimlak, male dwarf cleric/thaumaturgist
-Sin- - Haradras, male halfling monk/rogue

Jemal has also done some extensive character development already though he hasn't sent me a char sheet, so he is probably in.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
airwalkrr said:
I have only two definite players thus far, so there is room for two more. The current party:

Steve Gorak - Gimlak, male dwarf cleric/thaumaturgist
-Sin- - Haradras, male halfling monk/rogue

Jemal has also done some extensive character development already though he hasn't sent me a char sheet, so he is probably in.

I believe I can make this work, and I didn't see anything in the OP about PrC's... just curious how you'd feel about a build like this?:

Human
Ranger 3/Rogue 4/Horizon Walker 3/Shadow Dancer 2

It doesn't look like there is much Melee ability so I'd be willing to do a more fighter'ish build. I've just wanted to actually play the aforementioned build for a while :)

-SIN-

First Post
Salthorae said:
It doesn't look like there is much Melee ability so I'd be willing to do a more fighter'ish build. I've just wanted to actually play the aforementioned build for a while :)

As long as I can flank I can use a full action - Flurry of Blows as a sneak attack - 2 attacks at +11 for 4d6+3 damage each...

Jemal

Adventurer
Kiera Elzmyr

@ Salthorae - That is an awesome build, REALLY fun to play, but it really hits the fun peak at horizon walker 6 (Shifting).

@ airwalkrr - OK, here she is.. :
[sblock=Kiera Elzmyr]
BTW, I decided no on the Sulloise thing, it doesn't fit.. She's not irrascible, or hot tempered (no more than anyone), and as for the magics... Illusion and Enchantment are only used mildly by Elzmyrs, and Necromancy is shunned almost completely. I think I'll just go with the Elzmyr background for RPing. Oh, one other thing - Elzmyr's believe magic is THE pinnacle, and so if there's a spell that can do something, they believe that's how it SHOULD be done, which sometimes gets on other peoples nerves. "OH don't bother picking the lock, I know KNOCK!" "Why jump when you can fly?" "I need a chair.. *Polymorph any Object rock into chair* (Or at lower levels, Tensers Floating Disk)". HECK, by the time they're high enough level, most Elzmyrs move permanently into magical domiciles. (Dar never owned a house, simply casting and recasting Mordenkainens Magnificent Mansion whenever he needed somewhere to stay, and keeping all his belongings in a portable hole. He didn't need furniture b/c he knew fabricate and Polymorph Any Object.)
As you can see, abuse of magic is commonplace, though they try not to exhaust themselves.

Kiera Elzmyr, the Silver Stream
Human female, Sorcerer 12
AL: CG HT: 5'10" WT: 130 Hair: Long, Silver Eyes: Green

STR: 8 (-1) [0 points]
DEX: 16 (+3) [3 points + 1 Level + 4 Enhancement]
CON: 10 (+0) [2 points]
INT: 14 (+2) [6 points]
WIS: 14 (+2) [4 points + 2 Enhancement]
CHA: 24 (+7) [10 points + 2 Level + 6 Enhancement]

HP: 31 (12d4) AC: 17/21 (10 base + 3 Dex + 4 Mage Armour, +4 Shield [If cast])
Saves: FORT: +4 (4 Base) REF: +9 (4 Base + 3 Dex + 2 Weasel Familiar) WILL: +10 (8 Base + 2 Wis)
Init: +3

Bab: 6
Ranged Touch Attack +9

Skills(Total/Ranks):[75 Points, max ranks = 15]
Concentration(+15/15), Spellcraft(+19/15), Know:Arcana(+17/15), Craft[Blacksmithing, Stonemasonry](+16/10), Perform[String Instruments](+12/5cc)
Spot/Listen(+4, no ranks)
(*cc=Cross Class; 2 skill points) Synergy bonuses are allready figured in.

Feats: [6] Eschew Materials, Spell focus(Transmutation), Spell Focus(Evocation), Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, Talented Artisan

Class Features:
Familiar (Weasel - Nevin)
Spontaneous Spellcasting
Pristine* : The character never gets dirty, water drips and dries off quickly, mud seems to just miss him/her, hair and clothing is never out of place, etc.
Counting Coppers* : The character has an uncanny counting ability, and can easily count any number of things within sight (Such as the number of coins in a pile, provided most of them can be seen, the number of apples in a tree, or the number of people in an advancing mob)
* = replace 0 lvl spells known*

Spells:
Known : 7*/5/5/4/3/2/1
*=lost two for class abilities Pristine and Counting Coppers*
Spells per day : 8/8/8/8/7/6/4

Save DC = 17 + spell level (18 for Evocation/Transmutation)

0 lvl - Detect Magic, Mending, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Message

1st lvl -
Magic Missile, Mage Armour, Shield, Endure Elements, Alarm

2nd lvl -
Invisibility, Scorching Ray, Knock, See Invisibility, *1 More?*

3rd lvl -
Fireball(Ev), Fly, Greater Magic Weapon, Dispel Magic

4th lvl -
Polymorph, Dimension Door, Stoneshape

5th lvl -
Telekinesis(Trans), Major Creation

6th lvl -
Disintegrate(Trans)

Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven

Equipment:

Cloak of Charisma + 6 (36,000)
Gloves of Dexterity + 4 (16,000)
Periapt of Wisdom + 2 (4,000)
Ring of Sustenance (2,500)
Ring of the Ram (8,600)
Eyes of the Eagle (2,500)
Boots of Winterland (2,500)
Lyre of Building (13,000)
Bag of Holding Type I (2,500)

Nobles Outfit + Jewelry (200)
Spare Explorers outfit (10)
Signet Ring (5)
5 bottles fine wine (50)
MW Artisans Tools[Blacksmithing+Stonemasonry] (55)

25GP

[/sblock]

I just have to decide on a couple craft skills for secondarys... any suggestions?

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Salthorae said:
I believe I can make this work, and I didn't see anything in the OP about PrC's... just curious how you'd feel about a build like this?:

Human
Ranger 3/Rogue 4/Horizon Walker 3/Shadow Dancer 2

That's too much multiclassing. Unless there is a REALLY good reason for it, I am not inclined to allow it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]
Jemal said:
Perform[String Instruments](+17/10)

Perform is not a class skill for sorcerers unless I am missing something.

Jemal said:
Spot/Listen(+5, no ranks)

How do you get +5 with no ranks? Your Wisdom is only a 12 and even with the Alertness feat as a bonus from the familiar that only brings you to +3.

Jemal said:
Belt of Constitution + 2 (4,000)

There is no such item. The item that grants a bonus to Constitution is an amulet of health.

Jemal said:
Circlet of Intelligence + 2 (4,000)

Technically, it is a headband, but it uses up the same slot so no problem. I find it an odd choice though since it really doesn't benefit you much.

Jemal said:
Can I use the Lyre of Building just as a musical instrument if I want to? without using it's magical powers?

Nothing in the item's description seems to suggest that you cannot, so sure.

Jemal said:
Can I have a "Vest of Resistance" instead of a cloak?

No.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
That's too much multiclassing. Unless there is a REALLY good reason for it, I am not inclined to allow it.

Too much? Damn, that passes on the low end for most of the characters I see..

Remove ads