• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I've been skimming through some Louis L'Amour books as flavor background for a Legends of the Old West campaign. Anyone read any of those and remember any that focus mainly on Sheriffs?

Mercutio01

First Post
I do not, but I recently finished "The Deputy Sheriff of Comanche County" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Link

I'm currently reading "The Wind Through the Keyhole" by Stephen King, the current issue of Poetry Magazine, and paging through the Sword Noir and Technoir RPGs.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I have read at least three dozen Louis L'Amour books but the only one I own is the Quick and the Dead. I don't recall the others.

I just finished reading [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Slim-Novel-Richard-Kadrey/dp/B003B65294/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335930802&sr=1-1"]Sandman Slim[/ame] by Richard Kadrey. I recommend it for gamers playing in a contemporary world. The main character is the only human to have been to Hell while alive. The book begins at the moment he returns to Earth to wreak his vengeance upon the circle of magicians that sent him to visit Lucifer. He's a cold-hearted killer, angry at everything, and eager to kill.

It's a good book.

Jhaelen

First Post
I started reading 'Black Hills' by Dan Simmons. It started off a bit boring (particularly since I don't care much about 'The Wild West' genre) but is getting more interesting as I'm reading along because of the protagonist's shamanistic talents.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I'm trying to bolt through 1Q84 (Haruki Murakami) so I can get to the Mongoliad, which just dropped and I'm pretty excited by the blurbs for it.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I recently finished Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed. Very fun read about a ghul hunter and his friends.

I've just started The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham.

delericho

Legend
"The Second Book of Lankhmar" by Lieber, and "The Wormwood Mutiny" for Pathfinder.

Beyond that... I've just married a literature student, so have acquired a huge number of books. So it looks like I'm going to be reading a lot of strange stuff for the next few years. :)

Ebon Shar

Explorer
I'm currently on a "classics" kick and so I'm reading Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury. I just finished the first chapter, which is told from the point of view of a mentally challenged character. It was quite disjointed and confusing, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter, told from another point of view.

Agamon

Adventurer
Just finished Positively Fifth Street by James McManus, where the author went to Vegas to cover the Jack Binnion murder trial and played in the 2000 WSOP main event while there.

I haven't seen The Social Network yet, so I thought I'd read The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook first. I'm also just starting Lev Grossman's The Magicians, which is reading like a more adult Harry Potter.

Thanks to Telltale's very well done first act of their new Walking Dead game, I've finally started to read TWD omnibus.

Remove ads