• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm currently on a "classics" kick and so I'm reading Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury. I just finished the first chapter, which is told from the point of view of a mentally challenged character. It was quite disjointed and confusing, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter, told from another point of view.
Ooh.
I tried reading Faulkner's "Absalom!, Absalom!" but found it completely unreadable and gave up after chapter 1. I wish more luck (or rather persistence)!

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I'm currently on a "classics" kick and so I'm reading Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury. I just finished the first chapter, which is told from the point of view of a mentally challenged character. It was quite disjointed and confusing, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter, told from another point of view.

If you've made it through the Benji section, it's much less difficult for the rest of the book -- but as I recall there are some real gems of insight to be found in tracing Benji's observations as you get a more coherent version of events and people.

-rg

Ebon Shar

Explorer
If you've made it through the Benji section, it's much less difficult for the rest of the book -- but as I recall there are some real gems of insight to be found in tracing Benji's observations as you get a more coherent version of events and people.

-rg

I had hoped that there would be a point to starting with the Benji chapter. Now I'll press on for the pay off.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I have read at least three dozen Louis L'Amour books but the only one I own is the Quick and the Dead. I don't recall the others.

I'll check it out. Thanks! :)

I started reading 'Black Hills' by Dan Simmons. It started off a bit boring (particularly since I don't care much about 'The Wild West' genre) but is getting more interesting as I'm reading along because of the protagonist's shamanistic talents.

Sounds like a cool twist. :)

Crothian

First Post
Earlier this year was the 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens birth so I am reading some of his novels that I had not read before.

Krug

Newshound
Finished Age of Legends. Some pretty good Warhammer stories in there, though Chaos seems to win a lot. :D

Started on Jo Nesbo's The Snowman. Reads much faster than Stieg Larsson and quite gripping.

Chairman7w

First Post
"Obama's Wars" by Bob Woodward. Fascinating, and yet sobering and somewhat depressing.

Just finished the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. LOVED that.

Mercutio01

First Post
I just finished "The Wind Through the Keyhole" which was an interesting read for fans of Roland and the Dark Tower series, particularly if you've read the comic book series. I'm not really sure how much appeal it has to people who haven't read at least through "Wolves of the Calla," though, since it takes place between "Wizard and Glass" and "Wolves" but has a few references to things that aren't clearly explained until the latter.

I'm now moving into "Tales of the Far West" and have read the first story. So far, so good. I'm in love with the idea of samurai gunslingers, and have been ever since I watched both "Yojimbo" and "A Fistful of Dollars" five or six years ago. I think Gareth-Michael Skarka is tapping directly on that interest with Far West, and I wish I had some more money to throw at him for the preorder for the RPG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads