• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you watching?

Bagpuss

Legend
Saw the ITV detective drama Broadchurch, featuring an unshaven David Tennant investigating the death of a young boy at a coastal British town. Liked it more than the original The Killing.

Oh my god that program was tedious, and the detectives in it were so stupid. The whole program seemed to drag out what could have been a 6 or even 4 episode drama to 8 episodes by the use of slow motion camera and dramatic music.

Absolutely dreadful, the only reason I watched it was the wife was, same with my colleague at work, and so we would both have a good moan about it in the morning pointing out the plot hole you could drive a truck through.

Terrible.

[sblock]Here's the format, man touches boy in a total none sexual way, switch to slow motion and play sinister music to make you think there is something more involved. Next week do the same thing for some other man in the village. Week before the final reveal drop a couple of clues about the real culprit so it doesn't look like they have just pulled it from their arse.

Meanwhile the lead detective is asked by his supervisor who his suspects are and he rattles off three men that may know the victim. Completely ignoring the fact that the woman who holds the keys to the murder scene, is being evasive, won't allow officers in her caravan without a warrant, was in the crowd when the body was found, is the only person you see smoking in the whole series and four cigarette ends were found by the body, they brush off a reporter that tries to bring evidence that she's changed her name and was linked to a previous child murder and tell her to do the legwork! She only gets pulled in for questioning after she implicates herself, and even then they take her story that she saw someone else dump the body at face value.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
On TV - Glee, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who
On Netflix - Warehouse 13 (season 2), Doctor Who (season 2), various films most recently The Raid, A League of Their Own

Last edited:

Nytmare

David Jose
On Netflix, I watched Terra Nova, which I thought I was going to love, but hated. Continuum, which I thought I was going to hate but loved. And then my girlfriend convinced me to watch Alias with her cause she had liked it so much when it originally aired.

We're almost done with the third season and I'm not really impressed. More than anything, it feels like a really sloppy first draft of almost all of the concepts that JJ Abrahms has refined with each new work. I think that when we're done with it, I'm going to go back and watch the first seasons of both Heroes and Lost, and maybe pick up Fringe where we left off 2 years ago.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Movies: Saw Iron Man 3 and Star Trek in theaters. I think only Man of Steel is left for this summer, everything else can wait for rental.

TV: we don't watch live TV, so we get our stuff from three sources: Netflix, Hulu Plus, and purchases from iTunes. I've been watching Big Bang Theory, clips from SNL seasons past, Kara and I are watching Psych together and are almost up to current episodes, I tried watching Breaking Bad and Walking Dead and while I can see what the fuss was about they aren't my cup of tea, I pick out random old episodes of Futurama and 30 Rock and Star Trek and Archer now and then, Kara and I kept up with The Mindy Project and Go On this season, I followed Arrow this season, I'm waiting for new episodes of Warehouse 13 to unlock on Hulu, I'm looking forward to the Arrested Development revival this month and the return of Futurama next month. And I watched the Ken Burns documentary about Prohibition recently.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
Well I finished up Fringe today. In the end, the whole was greater than its parts. Though the first two seasons (and season 3 by association) truly standout, imo. It featured great entertaining characters, awesome acting, and it got to go out on-purpose instead of by cancellation or losing its way for eight or ten seasons. I wasn't crazy about most of Season 4, but 5 was a good n' proper ending (imo) in a world where endings are almost patently avoided to keep IP "alive."

I was worried I would be without late-night binge-fuel for a while, but I think I might dip my toes into Tron Uprising, thanks [MENTION=55178]Nytmare[/MENTION]. I had no clue as to its existence before your post :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
It looks like June is going to have a good number of movies I want to see including at least one each weekend: After Earth, Much Ado About Nothing, Man of Steel, World War Z, and Byzantium and/or Now You See Me (depending on early reviews for these last two).

Remove ads