MCDM starts work on its RPG Monday!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Was that torches commentary a shot at the bow of Shadowdark, or what? Not mean spirited...but if that wasn't intentional I'd be shocked.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think it's just him saying what he's interested in and what he's not. And outside of torches, Shadowdark does a lot of resource management in an extremely abstract way, so they're not that far off, philosophically.

Arilyn

Hero
Was that torches commentary a shot at the bow of Shadowdark, or what? Not mean spirited...but if that wasn't intentional I'd be shocked.
I don't believe so. Matt has a clear vision for his game and its style of play. Its very different from Shadowdark, so there'd be no reason for shots across the bow.

Alphastream

Adventurer
It was intentional and positive. Both Matt and James have mentioned Shadowdark in positive ways in the past. Matt's acknowledging how cool Shadowdark's concept is, while stating that the MCDM RPG has a different style (for example, not wanting to track torches). Matt and James are both big fans of Kelsey's work and have run and praised her adventures.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I think it's just him saying what he's interested in and what he's not. And outside of torches, Shadowdark does a lot of resource management in an extremely abstract way, so they're not that far off, philosophically.
I share most of his interests in TTRPGs....so we'll see over time how I feel.

Sure seems like an odd thing to emphasize unintentionally, when he'd already made the point.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
It was intentional and positive. Both Matt and James have mentioned Shadowdark in positive ways in the past. Matt's acknowledging how cool Shadowdark's concept is, while stating that the MCDM RPG has a different style (for example, not wanting to track torches). Matt and James are both big fans of Kelsey's work and have run and praised her adventures.
Thank you. I didn't take it as a negative at all....but a juxtaposition. Also, vindicated!

Matt and those that write the scripts are too smart for that to be accidental.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
That's right, he livestreamed her level 20 5E adventure. I forgot about that.

Remove ads