MCDM starts work on its RPG Monday!

They are going to try using non-funky dice. 2d6
If they can stick with that, and not just make a "Read charts OR buy our funky dice!" game, I can pretty much guarantee I'll buy this and probably supplements too based on the other stuff they've said. But funky dice it and I'm outta here. I've played too many funky dice games and without fail they played worse than non-funky. Amazing the gulf in quality between WEG Star Wars and FFG Star Wars.

darjr

I crit!
If they can stick with that, and not just make a "Read charts OR buy our funky dice!" game, I can pretty much guarantee I'll buy this and probably supplements too based on the other stuff they've said. But funky dice it and I'm outta here. I've played too many funky dice games and without fail they played worse than non-funky. Amazing the gulf in quality between WEG Star Wars and FFG Star Wars.
I think they are very past the funky dice stage.

I think so much so Matt seemed kinda tired of answering questions about it.

I think so much so Matt seemed kinda tired of answering questions about it.
Bwhahahahahahaha!

No bullying, no harassment, no moaning, just asking the same question politely so many times they snap lol

I feel a little sorry for them but they're making the right decision. Also 2d6 is a great mechanic.

darjr

I crit!
Matt Coleville mentioned Shadowdark as a game he thinks is great. He said his new game had a different focus which made him feel like he could the. Go ahead and read Shadowdark and that made him happy.

darjr

I crit!
Also Matt mentioned a thing called “Directors Cut” which is a way to end an encounter (scene?) after the goals had been accomplished.

His example was in combat when the Kobold Caster and Kobold Skirmershers get killed he’d “cut” and end combat because they were the goal and the surviving Kobold pawns didn’t matter.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Also Matt mentioned a thing called “Directors Cut” which is a way to end an encounter (scene?) after the goals had been accomplished.

His example was in combat when the Kobold Caster and Kobold Skirmershers get killed he’d “cut” and end combat because they were the goal and the surviving Kobold pawns didn’t matter.
That’s great. More games should have explicitly framed scenes and use cinematic techniques. If I remember right, Matt did the seven-point plot structure advice in one of the two Star Trek RPGs he worked on. It would be cool to see more of that style of storytelling advice in games. You want your game to be about telling a story, go read up on actual storytelling advice.

Last edited:

Remove ads