• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MCDMs Flee Mortals now on DnDBeyond

Waller

Legend
WotC is getting its cut.
They're not just getting a cut, though. They're positioning to gatekeep the entire third party industry. As demonstrated by @FitzTheRuke just a moment ago. People won't buy stuff if it's not on DDB, and WotC decides what's on DDB. So far that appears to be Critical Role, Ghostfire, Hit Point Press, Kobold Press, Dungeon Dudes, and MCDM.

@Morrus are you in any secret negotiations which will result in your stuff on DDB in a year's time?

They're not just getting a cut, though. They're positioning to gatekeep the entire third party industry. As demonstrated by @FitzTheRuke just a moment ago. People won't buy stuff if it's not on DDB, and WotC decides what's on DDB. So far that appears to be Critical Role, Ghostfire, Hit Point Press, Kobold Press, Dungeon Dudes, and MCDM.

@Morrus are you in any secret negotiations which will result in your stuff on DDB in a year's time?
As a 3rd party publisher, though small, I am aware.

I don't know. This one of those books I would buy on beyond, just to see how the implemented it on beyond, not for the content. The monsters themselves didn't "wow" me. I backed the KS and have the PDF. But I think I am unlikely to find a use for this on Beyond.

That being said, I'm glad it is out there for those who do like it
They sure wow'd me.

Remove ads