• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MCDMs Flee Mortals now on DnDBeyond

mamba

Legend
I wonder if we could see some time the MCDM classes: the talent, the beastheart and the illriger.
I’d like that, as it opens up another front. So far we got adventures and monsters, character options would be a nice addition too, there are several books out there they could add

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
That’s a good point. WtC expanding their support for Foundry even while working on their own 3D tabletop was surprising.
Casting a wide net for customers makes sense, IMHO. Also, I haven't kept up with the development of the new VTT, but I'm assuming the release is not imminent at all, am I wrong?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Casting a wide net for customers makes sense, IMHO. Also, I haven't kept up with the development of the new VTT, but I'm assuming the release is not imminent at all, am I wrong?
They showed it off at PAX East in December, told people they had intended to premeire a public Beta but it was slightly delayed...and now, no mention in 6 months.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
They showed it off at PAX East in December, told people they had intended to premeire a public Beta but it was slightly delayed...and now, no mention in 6 months.
Thanks. So, I think it's fair to assume that it's not coming out very soon. Thus, it would make even more sense for WotC to keep supporting 3P VTTs. All of this apart from the fact that I think that they will keep supporting them extensively even after they release the VTT.

Belen

Adventurer
They're not just getting a cut, though. They're positioning to gatekeep the entire third party industry. As demonstrated by @FitzTheRuke just a moment ago. People won't buy stuff if it's not on DDB, and WotC decides what's on DDB. So far that appears to be Critical Role, Ghostfire, Hit Point Press, Kobold Press, Dungeon Dudes, and MCDM.

@Morrus are you in any secret negotiations which will result in your stuff on DDB in a year's time?
I buy all the EN Publishing stuff although, admittedly, I do not use it. I tend to be a collector. If it was on DDB, then I would find it more useful. Alternatively, if ENW had their own service, then I would get it. I just do not have the fund funds for more than 1 VTT.

Remove ads