Mecha Crusade: Mars Attacks!

Mitchifer

First Post
Jarval said:
OOC: Any input from the rest of the group? As mirthcard says, a couple of you seem a bit quiet.

OOC: I agree, we all need to get this game goin'. Anyone else have any input on the attack plan?

Jarval

Explorer
General Brooker turns to address someone off-screen, before returning his attention to you.

"Other duties call, I'm afraid. We'll supply you with two M-2 MINEs for disabling the C&C facilities. Don't forget, these are quite sensitive devices. Try not to get them shot unless you want to be standing in your own crater.

"If you have any other questions, contact my aide. Good luck men, mission commences in T-33 hours." The General's face vanishes from the holo-viewer, causing the map to judder violently as it resizes to fill the view.

Trip Jamison

"I think we should split up, my team will slip in and plant the mines. while that's got everyone distracted the swarm can hit the AA weapons. I'm not to worried about my side, we can use a hit and run tactic with those mines. That'll limit the danger to us, and if the swarm gets in trouble on thier end we can move in to the AA to give them support."

Mirth

Explorer
"Swarm is a pretty big distraction by itself, I suppose," Lucas states with a grin. "It sounds like the plan is coming together. With your permission, Captain, I'll go check with the Mech crews and report back to you in 30." Sgt. Grainger awaits the officer's leave.

Jarval

Explorer
Lucas heads down to the main hanger area. The smell of motor oil and ozone from an arc welder adds a tang to the air, accompanied by the sounds of power tools. Two technicians are fitting the magnetic holder for an M2 MINE on the Beheizter Stab, while the Bumblebee, your own mecha, is having its targeting system tuned up.

Two technicians notice your arrival, snap to attention and salute. "Sir! Work is progressing well! We should have these mechs revved up within a couple of hours." Airman Volstock drops his hand from his salute, leaving an oil mark on his forehead.

Mirth

Explorer
Jarval said:
Lucas heads down to the main hanger area. The smell of motor oil and ozone from an arc welder adds a tang to the air, accompanied by the sounds of power tools. Two technicians are fitting the magnetic holder for an M2 MINE on the Beheizter Stab, while the Bumblebee, your own mecha, is having its targeting system tuned up.

Two technicians notice your arrival, snap to attention and salute. "Sir! Work is progressing well! We should have these mechs revved up within a couple of hours." Airman Volstock drops his hand from his salute, leaving an oil mark on his forehead.

"Loosen up, Volstock," Lucas smiles at the enthusiastic young tech. "If you stay that tightly wound up, you're the one who's going to need a tune-up. Don't rush the job, either. The mission we've got now is extremely delicate and important. Those officers are depending on the work we do here to keep them alive out there. And I'm depending on you to keep the old BB here in top shape."

Sgt. Grainger checks the rest of the Mechs over and stops at Lt. Jamison's, "Good work men. Remember that, um, special trigger I had you install on Trip's Mech? Well, let's take that back off again, okay? I'd hate him to get a spray of oil in the face while he's in the middle of a real battle."

Lucas then heads back to report to the Captain.

Sgt. Grainger checks the rest of the Mechs over and stops at Lt. Jamison's, "Good work men. Remember that, um, special trigger I had you install on Trip's Mech? Well, let's take that back off again, okay? I'd hate him to get a spray of oil in the face while he's in the middle of a real battle."

[OOC::p ]

Remove ads