Mecha Rp for the future

Mystearia

First Post
hello.. not sure if this should go here or in the lab but i was gonna toss around an idea and see how many people bite for it... my friend and myself are starting a mech game on enworld since we both play d20 future... the reason we are doing it on enworld is because we thought some of the enworlders might like to join in if they like it... i'll put the basic info for the game here so everyone knows whats going on...

the year is 5261 on a post apocalyptic earth. a majority of the planet is ruled by the 13 mech clans... the clans are organized into a teir of power... with the top four clans haveing access to the forbidden city, the forbidden city is the only place on the planet that was unaffected by the apocalypse.

we already have two players and a few more people we think might join. if anyone needs information on the mech clans ask cameroth when you see him or post it here and he can help.

cameroth

First Post
it'll be anime type mecha...the newest thing is that we are going to require everyone who is interested, to have a pilot for your mech. the reason for this is so when we arent busy fighting there, other things can go on in the tmp and the alleyway. So, make a pilot for the tmp and a mech character to battle with. the other thing is we have been testing out dice rolling for the combat..its worked great so far and not to mention its quicker than typing..plus, no one can god mod that way...damage and dodging in combat are the only things that need elaborated on when fighting..

cameroth

First Post
More Mecha info.....pilots and mecha, need to have thier own screen name...right now, modern weaponry is being used for mecha, but lasers are allowed as well...more futuristic weaponry will be allowed later(like ion beam cannons..lol)..one think i forgot to mention last night was how the dice worked..its simple the way we do it..say someone calls a shot then rolls 1d20 or however many weapons they fired, like 4d20 for four weapons, the person trying to dodge or evade simply rolls the same amount and if thier numbers are higher, they escape damage, if not then they take damage..simple as that...each die roll is taken by number individually..as in a four missile attack it is possible to dodge three and still be hit by one, depending on the rolls you get.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
cameroth said:
, other things can go on in the tmp and the alleyway. So, make a pilot for the tmp and a mech character to battle with.

Not to rain on any parades, 'cause it sounds like this could be fun, but, TMP doesn't have mechs. There was a thread at one point (I'd have to dig to find it) where that was discussed. Someone wanted to have giant robots. So, mechs in Carpe DM and Ahoy Adventure are fine - 'cause those rooms don't have anything to do with any settings. But, if your pilot character is in TMP or the Alley, he or she wouldn't be a *mech* pilot.
(I will look for that thread later - right now I'm on too slow of a computer to go searching through old threads, and I don't remember when the discussion took place).

Last edited:

Mystearia

First Post
Most of the actual mech storyline will take place in the ahoy and carpe (whichever is useable at the time) the only reason one would need a pilot is if they wanted to also use that char in the tmp... another thing is instead of makeing two seperate characters one could simply put ther mech dessy in their characters dessy and tell that it's for the mech storyline, thatway one can still have a normal tmp char that when not in the tmp would be useable in the mech story

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Right, exactly. Just keep in mind - besides the notation in the dessy, if your character talks about piloting a mech in TMP, he or she will get some odd reactions (people may just dismiss him or her as someone who just watches too much anime). It's not a matter of just not seeing the mechs in TMP - they don't exist. So, it will, essentially, be a different character - same dessy and all, but, different stories. If that makes sense at all.

And I'm perfectly willing to be proved wrong, if anyone remembers the thread I'm talking about and can find it.

cameroth

First Post
let me know too as well...cause i thought the tmp went by d20 rules and d20 does have mecha campaigns if you use the future book as well..otherwise, we will have characters in the carpe dm or ahoy as well...

Babylon Logos

First Post
TMP does use d20. But it uses d20 Modern, not d20 Future. The minor tech advances established in the setting are those that were discussed back when we were still on WotC's site. From what I remember there was really very little extremely futuristic allowed beyond medical such as advanced plastiform cybernetics for artificial limbs.

I distinctly remember that one for a sole reason to, one of my old TMP chars was cleared to have them.

Other than that, if I can work it into my schedule, I would be glad to play. I've got a TMP character I never used, that with a little revamping would fit well into a d20 Future campaign. But still, schedules are hard for me to keep. 12 hour shifts, no weekends off . . . Although, if ya'll plan to do this on say a Monday evening, I'm all kosher. So yeah, drop me a line with the info, either a PM or, my e-mail option might be turned on here to e-mail me.

Last edited:

Remove ads