Mechamorphosis Bits...

Neo

Explorer
Heya Folks

For any who are interested in the Mechamorphosis Horizon game by FFG, I have just completed works on my Free Mechamorphosis Players Guide a winzipped 32 page PDF file (524kb) that includes 8 new feats, 1 New template, 13 Advanced Classes, the rules for humans and the terran base class, my 4 page mechamorphosis character sheet and the TTF font needed to view it all correctly.

All of which is downloaded via this link http://www.neo73.plus.com/Mechamorphosis/Mechamorphosis_players_guide.zip

Neo

Explorer
More people should play this game its fun. Would be nice if FFG expanded it a nice 256 page Mechamorphosis Hardback would make me very happy :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Neo said:
More people should play this game its fun. Would be nice if FFG expanded it a nice 256 page Mechamorphosis Hardback would make me very happy :)

Well, my friend Chris really liked it.

Unfortunately, FFG isn't likely to expand on any of their D20 minigames or anything else D20, except for Midnight, of course. :(

KF72

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Looks good. One suggestion though, if what you have done is collected pieces of the product that are open content for player use, you should probably include the OGL with it along with a statement of all parts of the document that are open in regards to the D20 License.

Neo

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Looks good. One suggestion though, if what you have done is collected pieces of the product that are open content for player use, you should probably include the OGL with it along with a statement of all parts of the document that are open in regards to the D20 License.

If it was something I was selling I would, but as it isn't there isnt really much point as im not and it is just a fan work. The only bit that is reproduced from the Mechamorphosis book is some of the class abilities for the humans and that is open content as listed in the front of the Mechamorphosis book, the rest is all new material produced by me and I'm quite happy for anyone to use it if they wish so long as they arent making money off it.

FFG is aware of the player book it was sent to Rob Vaughn and was supposed along with the character sheet to appear on thier website but they forgot or lost interest who knows.. and it never showed, hence why it was made available here, my website and on thier own forums.

Last edited:

A shame FFG never put this up on their website. I downloaded this a while ago, but sadly never got a chance to try any of the material as the gamers in my area were too focused on dungeon-crawl adventures to try anything different, even a TransFormers game :(

Too bad FFG never had any plans to branch out MechaMorphosis into something more than a splatbook; could have been fun.

Neo

Explorer
Donovan Morningfire said:
A shame FFG never put this up on their website.(

Agreed, no idea why they didn't as it was stated they would put it up at least three times but anything RPG based that isn't Midnight is definitely low priority to them these days with them seemingly having shifted thier emphasis back to board and card games :( Shame as they produced some of my favourite product in recent years along with Mongoose and Green Ronin.

Too bad FFG never had any plans to branch out MechaMorphosis into something more than a splatbook; could have been fun.

Again agreed, considering how much love there is for Transformers, mechamorphosis was an outstanding way of playing the kind of game without the license at it were lol.. they had top notch art and some interesting ideas but that one skinny perfect bound book is all we get. I've queried FFG on this before and it was stated horizons was taken as far as it was ever intended and no more horizon titles will either be forthcoming or expanded.. though i still see their release schedule has the expanded Grimm or whatever it was called on it (the twisted fairy tale one).. I honestly can't see that as having been more appealing than Mechamoprhosis but I guess they would know that better than I.

Mechamorphosis just always seemed like such a good idea and presentation that laid the ground for related books that could have expanded and revised it further into something more expansive.. but no such luck :(

M<yu website is filled with my fan made material supporting numerous of thier games as they themselves don't tend to run very far with the ball, which is a shame. Still at least they are going the distance with Midnight which is one good thing :)

Remove ads