Mechwarrior: "Days of the Jackal"

Radiant

First Post
Yuriko

Yuriko waits silently until they either get more information or go of to more tests. She considers if working as a mercenary is realy acceptable to her, she only intended to train a bit but in the end she knows she has no choice and garrison duty is not so bad.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Good good. I take it this is your first job as a merc? Tell you what, you're being thrown in the deep end with a job like this. I'll try to look out for you though. Just ask whenever you need help with something or something ain't clear," Kevin said with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks, Yeah this is my first job. Actually it's my first trip offworld and to a big city too. Before this I spent most of my time helping out on the farm and practicing with Hunter."

Shalimar

First Post
All the revelations were going about as McKenzie had expected, though, she was getting more curious by the moment, she was trying to come to a balance in her head, at which point would the risk of of the capture of her Wolfhound and its technical data be greater then the information that she could gain for House Steiner about the operations.

"You seem to know an awful lot about you potential employer's Kevin, would you happen to know which house is behind this? I believe I would like to participate, but there are some for whom I shall not work." she tells him.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Drakknyte32 said:
"Thanks, Yeah this is my first job. Actually it's my first trip offworld and to a big city too. Before this I spent most of my time helping out on the farm and practicing with Hunter."

Kevin nodded in understanding, and tried to formulate an image of what life on outpost farm would be like. Compared to the life of an urban orphan it would certainly have its differences, but also, it would have its similarities. A distinct lack of wealth being one of them. Kevin remembered how good his ascension to wealth and independence felt. It was another reason he wanted to help Ryan, he saw a bit of himself there and wanted to get him on the right track.

Shalimar said:
"You seem to know an awful lot about you potential employer's Kevin, would you happen to know which house is behind this? I believe I would like to participate, but there are some for whom I shall not work." she tells him.

Kevin hesitated for a moment in his response, but it was so brief that only someone who was looking for it would notice it.

"You flatter me, miss. All I really have is speculation and an overconfidence in my own theories. Comes with the medical degree I guess, hehe," he said with a shrug and a smile, making a joke at his own expense, he says the next part quieter, "But like you said, Davion or Steiner seem likely suspects by what we've seen thus far. In fact, I'd put money on it."

Kevin didn't want to get the Steiner woman irritated, and since she came across as being quite perceptive, he decided to put a hold on any anti-Steiner sentiment he may possess. She didn't seem that bad up close, anyway.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Kevin strummed his fingers to a tune which was stuck in his head, he had heard it earlier in the day. Fortunately, it was one of those rare times where it was a song he liked.

S

shurai

Jake recognizes the rhythm the red-haired man is drumming out. Did he hear that on the radio earlier? Cupping one hand around the other to conceal his fingers, he taps out the bass section to see if the other guy will notice.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Kevin continued strumming absently mindedly, watching Ryan's picture develop. He remembered drawing mechs when he was younger, pretty well too, but lost the skill through lack of use.

It was a moment before he realised the bass line was being strummed somewhere nearby. He looked around briefly, but couldn't see who was doing it. He did spot the guy he was standing behind in line initially though, the one with the yellow cap. He turned back to Ryan's drawing, a bit of a smile playing across his features.

He had kept strumming the tune throughout. It wasn't that bad really, but he still felt that small niggle of worry that he often got in the pit of stomach. Why it was there was another matter, but he acted as though it wasn't, and waited for things to roll on.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Kevin kept strumming his fingers, and futiley attempting to determine where the bass line is coming from. It wasn't long before he gave up and resumed paying attention to what the accountant had to say, it might have actually been important to know.

Remove ads