Mechwarrior Question

jaldaen

First Post
justinsluder said:
Come on people. I know someone out there has something they can tell me about my enquiry.

Thanks,
Justin Sluder

P.S. Bump

I don't know of anyone doing a d20 Battletech games thus far, but if anyone does know I'd love to hear from them as well...

-Joseph

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Let's see if I can start this off with some bare-bone suggestions:

Instead of Race, use Affiliation or Origin: Federated Commonwealth (or Federated Sun), Lyran Alliance (Lyran Commonwealth), Capellan Confederation, Free World League, Draconis Combine, Free Rasalhague Republic, Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon, ComStar, Word of Blake, etc.

Classes include: MechWarrior, Soldier, Pilot, Scout, Covert Op, Technician, Elemental, etc.

Feats include: Truebirth (background), Dragoon's Children (war orphans under the care of the Dragoon; background), etc.

Prestige Classes include: Social General (Lyran), Home Guard, DEST Operative, etc.

Like I said, bare-bone. You can add to this starting list, comment on them, or flesh them out.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Not bad ideas.

I'd be very much inclined not to use races like that though. Maybe just Inner Sphere and Clanborn as races, since the clanners have been through centuries of genetic selective breeding.

Feats would be not only region but organization, like Clan Wolf, Wolf's Dragoons, Death Commandos, etc.

Classes look ok, though I think a class based system for Mechwarrior would just be a mess. Personal biase though, I can't stand most class based systems.

Ranger REG

Explorer
What about a class-based d20 System?

Personally, I don't mind, just as long you do not include multiclassing penalty.

If you want, we can remove the level-dependant stats (e.g., base attack bonus, saving throws, hit points) and turn them into skills and stats that can be increased with the spending of skill points (which will be alloted at every level).

For each class, divide the skills and stats into three categories with three different skill point cost:

exclusive class skill/good stat (costs 1 skill point per 1 rank)
secondary class skill/average stat (costs 2 skill points per 1 rank)
cross class skill/fair stat (costs 3 skill points per 1 rank)

Last edited:

A2Z

Explorer
I think he's looking for stats for the actual mechs. There was a thread on the old board dealing with D20 Mecha. I'm not sure what they came up with. Perhaps one of them will see this thread. Otherwise, when the old boards are back up checkout the old D20 forum.

novyet

First Post
As a side note to the developing comments on the d20 mechwarrior conversion, perhaps you could use something like the l5r system of affiliations and houses with feats, classes, favored classes, and bonus skills and equipment being done by house or clan. Races would be Inner Sphere Human, Clan Freeborn, Clan Trueborn Aerospace Pilots, Clan Trueborn Mechwarriors, Clan Elementals (possibly a +1 ecl race).

Ranger REG

Explorer
A2Z said:
I think he's looking for stats for the actual mechs.
Sorry. I'm of the old school gamer. When he says MechWarrior I thought he meant the pen-and-paper based BattleTech Role-Playing Game by FASA, not the computer game by FASA Interactive/Microsoft.

Remove ads